Please help skipped beats

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just been cleared by a private cardiologist who said my heart is perfectly fine and there's no damage or anything I had a 5 day holter monitor and a echo. This was Tuesday, I was so happy to hear my heart is ok but keep getting these skipped beats that send me into a panic. I've just been sat chilling out and got a few in a row it's scared me and now I get the odd skip every few minutes. I've been told not to panic about these but I'm terrified last week my heart went a bit funny and started pounding at 140bpm, I was told anxiety attack and stop worrying.

Please can someone tell me im just anxious and I shouldn't worry I'm scared I'll drop dead any moment

0 likes, 14 replies

Report / Delete

14 Replies

• Posted

It is anxiety. My blood pressure went up to 171/108 during my last anxiety attack. It scared me terribly because I just has a,Stent put in my heart.

When I feel this tightening and throat pressure I go take a walk or some other distractions. I try belly breathing slowly and tell myself over an over, stop stop it Diane you know this is something you can control.

I have to do this several times a day. I am trying to train my brain to shut it down by itself.

Best of luck,

Diane

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh that must be hard!! Why can we not listen to ourselves I'm so worried, feels like my hearts gets the jitters and thuds so hard. I can I not worry about this sad I hope your doing better now!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I start therapy tomorrow so that should help. I am not going to let this defeat me. It can be crippling and it takes a great deal of determination to live normally once anxiety sets in.

This just started a month ago so I feel very sad for people that have struggled with it for years.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've had this almost a year, my partners dad decided to send me private as the nhs was taking forever then when I finally got my app they cancelled it and I was desperate to get answers. The cardiologist was brilliant and tried to reassure me as much as possible but I'm still scared so much. Also I'm underweight so that's adding to my anxiety as I'm really trying to put weight on but I've always been very skinny my mums half of the family always have been. I feel like I will die from this sad
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You won't die from anxiety, but itakes life miserable. meds I am on are making me lose weight because I have little to no appetite.

I started 2 months ago on Ativan and they have added Citalopram. The anxiety has increased, but I hear that is normal before thongs get better. So hopefully I am enduring the worst right now. I have many other symptoms but won't go into them all.

I have removed all caffeine and sugar ( as much as possible from my diet) no alcohol or anything that acts as a stimulant.

Just try to eat healthy and things full of vitamins.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

But my Brain tells me it's more than anxiety, i been to A+E loads of time they have seen the skips on the monitor and wasn't bothered but I still am!! I've been on anti depressants for 5 weeks they've done nothing at all! Did your skipped beats start when you had the stent or before?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am older and had a blockage of over 90%, this did not cause skipped beats etc.

Normal hearts flutter and skip beats all the time but people usually don't notice them. It was only when I had anxiety attack do I feel a skip here and there.

I have a girlfriend that has all kids of heart flutters and she has a murmur. She is considered healthy with no heaet problems.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's awful how anxiety causes all these weird symptoms!! There's no wonder some of us don't believe doctors. I'm 23 so feel like I haven't lived much of a life yet I want to go out and enjoy things instead of being scared about having skipped beats and panic attacks! It's brings comfort knowing your friend even with a heart murmur is considered healthy I don't have a murmur my heart is sound as far as I know!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I know I need to believe it!! It's so hard when you have health anxiety I always something will kill me before Xmas. I didn't think I would make it till my little girls 1st birthday it was awful being scared about that, now I think I won't make it to Xmas rolleyes
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

This has been the hardest thing for me

I have been having the same symptoms it's horrible I got a 24 hour holter monitor twice and they said everything is fine I also get very jittery mostly in my chest and always feel like my heart is either beating too fast or too alow

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's awful isn't it!? I have a 16 month old so I'm finding it hard as I daren't exert myself. I suppose we can only go on for so long before we start to believe the doctors. I've started waking up feeling shaky in my chest but I know that's an anxiety symptom it subsides but the skips keep coming scaring the life out of me
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It's like I just never feel normal when it comes to my chest and heart and I try to forget about it so it will go away but it doesn't work that way
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up