please help. so scared by chest pains

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've not posted for a while. Feeling so panicky. Have a strange pressure in chest which is the norm when feeling panicky. Got a weird feeling in my neck with it tonight though. I get so scared about having heart attacks. I'm fairly young. But it runs in my family and I'm convinced it's going to happen. I keep telling myself it's a panic attack...but what if it's actually pains leading to a heart attack. I feel so scared.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Have doc prescribe proponol. It'll level you out. Its more imagined than REAL
    • Posted

have been diagnosed GAD.I have a sensitive stomach and reacted badly to antidepressants.It's so bad I'm having to go to the bowel clinic.So I am not on medication but have severe anxiety.Does anyone know what I could take.It's unbearable.
  • Posted

Relax if your young its probs not you heart. I to always think that its my heart im 25 my problem it i keep getting a sharp pain and then feeling my heart beat witch makes me worse. So dont feel your heart beat if you do that. Try lying down and sipping ice cold water this seems to help me a bit i also take propranolol witch really helps so talk with your doc about what you going through
    • Posted

Thanks William. I'm 28. Just hate this feeling that something terrible is going to happen. I'm currently on sertraline But may ask about changing it. I have been to the docs probably more than I should unfortunately they just seem to get a bit frustrated with me
  • Posted

Hey kerry,

Try not to worry I get frequent chest pains on my left side I'm also taking propronol and sertraline, I thought I was having a heart attack first time it happened but I'm still here, the sertraline can have a side affect of chest pain and also if your anxious and worry about it will seem worse than it is

• Posted

Kerry02122 with anxiety you get tention in your neck your back and basically your whole body. When you start to have anxiety you start hyperventilating which leads to the tention And chest pains. Not uncommon to feel it in your neck, jaws , back and arms. I have been an anxiety sufferer since the mid 1990s when I wad in middle school now I'm 35 and it still affects me every day so I understand your worry.
  • Posted

I think that because you have heart problems that run in the family there is nothing wrong in going to the doctors and discussing your fears. Pains in the chest leading to panic attacks usually affect your breathing. Your doctor is the one to put your mind at rest or suggest tests for you. See him as soon as you can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.