Please help... So worried...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am driving myself mad with worry and wondered if anyone might be able to give me some reassurance or if my worry is well founded...?

A week ago I did something completely out of character, after feeling sorry for myself that my marriage had broken down...

I went into London, got drunk and messed around with a barman.... I know nothing about him or his history, just that he was black but not his ethnicity...

He put his penis inside my vagina but only for a short time before I came to my senses... He did not cum but there was precum... What is the chance of me getting HIV? I have young children I cannot believe I've put myself in this position...

I have been to the clinic but they have said I need to wait another few weeks before they can test me.... By then I think I may have given myself a heart attack!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would try not to worry about it now.  You can be tested in a few weeks.  But your chances are probably minute.  Unprotected sex in always a risk in today's age unfortunately. 
  • Posted

Hi Sabrina, most of us have made similar decisions and know first hand how worry can overwhelm. Sometimes our mind will even create false symptoms because we notice every little ache or pain. Best thing is to try not to dwell on it while your waiting to test.

This may sound silly but, Remember your partner must first have the virus in order to pass it on - point is you Do Not get HIV by default.

The only way to know for sure is to wait the suggested amount to be tested - and then usually 90+ days after that is a resonable amount of time to confirm. Ask your Doctor what is suggested for follow up.

Do Not search the internet for answers, because it will only cause you unnecessary worry over hypothetical info. For instance type the same symptoms in with malaria and you may have that too (per the net). Point is don't give yourself that heart attack over possible scenarios.

Again, try not to dwell on it. Be tested - and be careful not to make the same mistake going forward. Good Luck  !!

• Posted

Thank you everyone.... I know it's my own stupid fault..., I will definitely be learning from this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.