Please help, very intense anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

I finally decided to call my insurance company, which I was scared of doing because I'm frightened of bureaucracy, got a counselor. He was good, but he's an hour bus ride away from me in ny. I got him cause he's close to my work, but now am finding out I'm going to be laid of in a week :p

Then I will have to back to my consulting company in Virginia as I'm under contract with them. I have 40 grand saved.

The anxiety is so intense now, I'm wondering if I should just quit and be unemployed or at least take a few weeks off from returning to virginia. I've had anxiety for awhile, but never this bad. I don't think my parents get how bad it is. I just want them to help me like they used to, but now I am 30 years old.

Any advice?

2 likes, 14 replies

Report / Delete

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi david,personally I think being unemployed would be way more stress and jobs arent always guaranteed to come along quickly. I think its wonderful you have a job you can go to. Just my thoughts. Good luck with everything. Xx and your under contract right?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I just don't know if i should be going to virginia like this till I rest and try to find some ways to deal with anxiety. Not unem tployed, on the bench is called for consultants. I am under contract so they should train me and get me another job.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You are from virginia? Or ny? Two so different places.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You wont be able  to functionally if you are unstable. It wont work. You are already feeling very stressed by the thought of it. Are you using any medication to help this? Are your parents awarw of your anxiety issues and does on of them have anxiety issues. If neither do they probably dont really understand what going on. They might view this differently.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I dont know how you have a consulting company in Virginia being from ny. Did you once go there or something. I get they train you and place you but you are not in good shape to travel. Im thinking the medication is not working. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

you need a low anxiety producing job. Google them. Having panic attacks makes life more challenging and scary we all know that. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Dont mock this but all school districts have janitor jobs. Not that  easy to obtain. They come with decent pay and full medical benifits very low stress and stable hours. Again dont mock this im Serious. Youd be self supportive and can live on your own with no extreme anxiety involved. And you can do this with panic attacks as you work towards your goal of managing the stress. And 20 years you get  a pension. So stability is there, pay is there, medical benifits are there, pressure is off. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well, I may be on the bench for a little while. Yes they are in virginia, but people travel nationally to job locations. I made it through the 1st year and a half. I wanted to do another year and a half and finish the contract. Maybe i can stay on the bench for awhile in ny, like a month, up the dosage get some counseling, then try going. That is current plan dont know if its good one.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up