Please help. White tongue for a month, ill for 4 months.

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all.

ive been to see numerous doctors and also been referred to hospital and for the first time used my health insurance.

i have been ill, on and off for around 4 months. feeling generally unwell, on bad days, i struggle to get out of bed.

around a month ago my tongue became white... this was AFTER i tested positive for oral thrush. after taking multiple meds including 2+ weeks of oral itraconazole, the problem is still here.

doctors say it isnt thrush, nor is it anything serious... it is however, contagious, as my other half has the same problem as i do. any ideas??? this photo is my tongue in a pretty good condition, however the problem is still visible. i also have multiple red bumps in areas difficult to take photos of on my tongue.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jake,

Did you figure out what was it? My tongue exactly looks like yours and I have been taking anti fungal medication in the last 3 weeks but nothing has changed:(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.