Please help with symptons as not being told

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm very new to this site and was diagnosed with acid reflux about 12 months ago. At first I thought I was having a heart attack in bed as I had a pain in my chest then my left arm. After seeing the doctor they told me about it being acid reflux and perscribed me 20mg of omerprazole which is now down to 10mg. I have had the Endoscopy but was told that there were no problems. I would just like more information really as the doctor is not telling me anything , I have it where there is a feeling from my stomach that pulsates up the body and even in to my head and my arms feel very light. At night when trying to sleep I even get a problem where I cough due to waking up where can't breathe for about 20 seconds which is very scary. My wife is due to give birth any day now and it is getting to me that bad that whilst away on a course with work I even had a panic attack in the car due to these symptons and had to call an ambulance as seriously thought was dying, which I know sound daft. I would just like some reassurance for when my baby is here as I want to stop worrying about what will happen. Please can someone help.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi all

i have been on omerprazole for a few years using it when i make to much acid.

For three months now i have been gettting a chronic cough and tightness under my left rib cage.

Lots wind to.Stomach does a lot bubbling

recently i have had a feeling of being feint and lightheaded last about 10-15 min accompanied by a hot clammy feeling this comes and goes but i dont feel good when it happens.

Not sleeping well either with tingling in arms and fingers. at times.

will go see doc again when i get back friom vacation.May stop the onerprazople as it may be the cause.

had all the blood test and a endoscopy all clear.

anyone recognise these symptoms?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.