please help would be so gratefull

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all i have been having really bad days recently, suicidal thoughts, feeling diconected from the world racing thoughts, light-headedness and dizzyness, and have been struggling to get trough the days, really struggling. i was on 40mg a day and have moved up to 60mg last night, the most i have ever ever taken, and iam kinda worried.. i would just like to know if anyone else is on 60mg and how they are feeling and coping because at the moment i just look at life as very scary and very unreal, i dont feel like iam here and that is really scaring me =[ i js wanta feel normal and enjoy life, as i have a 2 month old baby.

how long does it take to kick in and what side effects are there?

plz help =[

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Birdybex

Just wanted to write some words of encouragement. I ahve been on flu for 4 weeks and the first three weeks were hell I would say the last three days is when the feelings you have mentioned have started to lift. I stuck with it though and although am still not 100% compared to what I was feeling I am so much better and am starting now to feel normal again and fight my feelings of anxiety and upset etc.

Everything I was going through is similair to what you ahve mentioned and I would say 4 weeks for me. Hope you feel better soon plase keep us updated. Maddy x

• Posted

Hi Birdybex,

I do hope you start to feel better soon. I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I felt an improvement after about a week and now i feel good most of the time.

Keep yr chin up and keep posting eh?

lelly xx

• Posted

hiya birdybex :cheerup:

you're sounding a bit brighter and not so panicy, something seems to be happening :ok:

as i've said before in your other posts birdybex, you need to talk to someone, are you seeing just a GP or are you seeing a psychiatrist ?? :huh: you need to ask to be refered to a psychiatrist if you're only seeing a GP :wink: :ok:

has your doc suggested you try Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) as you seem to have got 'stuck' in a vicious cycle of negative thoughts, a good 'talking' therapist can help you identify those thought and show you how to alter those negative 'fixed mindsets' to more positive ones and also how to put everything more in perspective, CBT really DOES work :wink: :mrgreen:

the feelings of dissociation (unreality) racing thoughts, light-headedness and dizzyness are all part of the depression im afraid birdybex :? but will ease as you get better :ok:

a change of picture and a bit of exercise will help too birdybex, get that baby of yours in his/her best sunday clothes and have a walk out in the sunshine and show him/her off to the world :mrgreen: :whistle:

anyhoooooos hang on in there birdybex, you're in good company here and keep posting :ok:

cheers,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :cheers: :rainbow: :rose:

• Posted

i do value your words of help but i have only just worked out how to get 2 my space and see what others have wrote,
  • Posted

birdybex :cheerup:

i'm so sorry for what i posted last night, it's no excuse, but i'm bipolar, i've hit a manic phase, went to the pub and stuff came out of me that had been building up for quite some time :? i might sound at times that i have this illness in tow, i'm still very ill as you are, plzzzzzzzzz accept my apology, it won't happen again :cry: :smooch: :rose:

• Posted

Sorry Birdubex for hijacking your post but:

Psycho, are you OK? Bit concerned when I read the reactive post from you . Guessed you were phasing but didn't want to intrude.

You've helped all of us so let us help you eh mate?

Big hugs! :hug: :zen:

Lelly xx

• Posted

its ok i might have seemed like i was being rude by not replying! sad

i would have thought the same, iam feel abit better the suicide thoughts have gone but i get a panicy feeling sometimes and cry becasuse i feel like things are not going to get better :oops: i really hope they will smile i know i have got 2 keep strong and i will i hope u r ok ken and things have calmed down abit again??

all my love

bex

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.