PLEASE I NEED ADVICE!

Posted , 10 users are following.

I need help... Please... I’ve had anxiety for the last 8 or 9 months... and my doctor has me on meds (Valium 5mg as needed and its helping! i only take it every 3 days to provent addictions) and i have not told my wife because she is very judgmental and not very supportive she think i just need to get over it (anxiety)  but it’s not that easy i tell her all the time =( and she can’t seem to understand that.. but I also don’t want to take/do stuff behind her back im not that type of person I like communication.. what should i do tell her im on meds or keep it to myself? please help.. sad

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Miguel,

I am and have been in the same boat as you,wife not understanding,not caring really,however I have always told her what meds I'm on just in case something goes wrong,just tell her mate,if she doesn't get it then that's her problem,not yours.

I have suffered anxiety for over 50 yrs now,have taken a shed load of drugs to cope,I am now on Pregabilin(good stuff),and I always keep the missus informed,she's also one of these who thinks that you should 'pull yourself together',sad really,nobody knows what's around the corner(thank God),and who knows one day she just may need some support.

I get on well with people outside the home,pretty gregarious really,which leaqds me to think my wife is the one with the problem and I'm the straight guy.

Marital bliss eh! still do your own thing man,stay cool and enjoy your own company,it's not the end of the world if she neglects you,I have adapted to it very well and can live with it easily,so can yoy,get to it!

Stay well,stay strong and believe in yourself,keep taking the tablets!!

Regards Malc

• Posted

Very good advice thank you! I will talk to her tonight and keep you all updated!
    • Posted

HI Miguel, thank you for your reply. As referred to in two previous replies both "setraline" an antidepressant is very good it has no side effects, also "pregabalin" a drug that is excellent drug to treat generalized anxiety disorder also pain relief. I t is also known as "lyrica" 

Do not give up trying until you find what works for you and gives you peace of mind and joy in life once more.      I wish all the very best to no you and your family, be kind to yourself always,  regards Deirdre Czechoslovakia

• Posted

deirdre, I’ve found that out of all the prescriptions 5mg Valium has helped me sooo much I feel myself and it last all day for me and part of the next day then I can manage 3 days without it till taking my next dose. But it looks like even taking it every 3 days (3x a week) at such a low does is an issue people are saying.. I’ve only had the Valium 2 days.. I was on .5 xanax before and to my understanding xanax is worst.. 
    • Posted

Hi Miguel, I too have been on calcium for anxiety, I found them very helpful also with no side effects, I was also on them long term..... if it worksyou stick with it, be kind to yourself,  PS, I am from the UK, love Deirdre xxx

Sorry, that should read valium......

• Posted

You won't find it funny when that valium stops. You will find out like I did. Oh maybe yours is a strong one so good luck
    • Posted

how often were you taking them? And how many mg? Every day? 3-4 times a day? Please answer. 
    • Posted

2mg once every other day at 7am then again at nite.. So no not every day. Time will tell you I wish you all the luck
    • Posted

so thats twice every other day. 2mg at 7AM and 2MG at night. 
    • Posted

Yeah that's right . Then my body needed more. Now I have take 11mg at 7am then 5mg at mild day and 11mg at night. It's no joke valium any kind is not good. Its ok for a 4 month s then it's a rough ride coming of any kind of valium is bad. Read about it look at them poor people on you tube showing you there story s.
    • Posted

Hi shell, I was on valium for a very long time,about ten years when I was feeling so stressed I could barely function. I managed to come off them quite easily when I felt absolutely well again.

I kept well for many years until I developed a very bad alcohol problem for which I was sectioned four times, (which saved my life) however life has not been easy, we have three adult sons who live at home who sadly have very many health problems..... setraline for depression - and pregabalin for anxiety and pain relief have been the only way way I have been able to cope, they have made me feel human again.

In the past I was always very anti! Medication, but I have come to realize that on occasions they can really make the difference between coping and struggling.     Take care. DEIRDRE X-Files

• Posted

so do you think my approach to prevent addiction is not good? 5mg once every 3 days? thats only about 12 pills a month.. you were taking a total of 32 pills a month 2 times a day. 2mgx2=4mg 4mgx32= 128mg a month! im doing 5mgx12 only equlas out to 60mg a month you were taking more then 2 times my amount in one month! eek

• Posted

Hi I agree meds do help. I am on sertreline but can't get of diazepams after 7 years.
    • Posted

To better explain that.  There is 4 weeks in one month; you were taking 2mg 2x a day one in the morning and one at night every other day. So (Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday) 4 days out of the week you were on Valium that’s 8mg a week  x4 weeks equals 32 pills so now we divide 32 by 8mg 256mg (I was wrong the first time) that’s a good reason to get hooked ..  to not do all the math like I said I’m only on 8 pills a month  (2 times a week) at 5mg each 5mgx8= 40mg a month (again I was wrong on my first math sorry) so as you can see you were on them way to much….  I’m planning on using them responsibly to avoid this.. 
    • Posted

I understand but I guess you will find out your way . Let me know when or if you come off them. I never listen your s 5mg I started on 2mg. And asked yourself how did it get so out of control. Well that's easy the drug and a s**t doctor is the answer.
    • Posted

my doctor asked me to take them 3 times a day! (IN MY HEAD I THOUGHT HE IS CRAZY!) so im doing it my way after research and i found that every 3 days will give me enough time to clear my last dose. so my body won’t have the time to get use to it. im sorry but I have to agree with you some dr are crazy! 5mg 3 times a day! wow  [eek]  thats what he asked me to do thank god i did research first! 
    • Posted

Just try and come off them. Then tell me how you feel with out them
    • Posted

they are the only thing that help me =( why is it that all the good stuf is bad for you!!! mad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.