Please I need opinions badly

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a female in her 30s. Don't smoke or drink. I do have GERD for the last 9 years and have been on omeprazole for it. For the last month and a half I have had this feeling of something in my throat. No swallowing difficulty as of yet. My throat is sore and my ear hurts. Also this lump feeling moves around, doesn't stay to one side. I went to an ENT and he scoped down to my vocal chords and said everything looked great. I have to wait another month to see a Gastroenterologist and I'm scared out of my mind that this could be cancer. Please could anyone give me their opinions?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I regret that no-one here, all patients, can tell you what is happening. But you’re young , live healthily and therefore you are most unlikely to have anything cancerous. Try not to worry and I hope your appointment goes well

Best wishes

Brian

• Posted

Hey, just relax. I also have bad acid reflux! I get the same exact feelings. I am sure it is nothing. One last thing you can have a doctor check for is Thyorid problems. But, acid reflux/gerd  is known to cause those feelings. Stop eating before bed, keep yourself propped up, watch what you eat. These are the only things you can really do. I just weened myself off of omeprazole because of the damage it causes over time to organs. Try aloe drinks! They help. And dilute 1 teaspoon of Bragg's apple cider vinegar in a shot water and drink it. These are some home remedies that help. You could also do the same with baking soda. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.