Please identify this - should I visit a doctor

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had this growth or wart for almost two months now since I first noticed it. I didn't notice any increase in size or anything similar to it around. It's between my thigh and scrotum (thigh pit - not sure what it's called) anyway I hope the pictures are clear enough. Sorry for the long post thank you in advance

imageimage

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

It's just a skin tag, nothing serious.

All the best

• Posted

Thank you very much. it is really a relief. much appreciated.

• Posted

Looks like a wart to me. Still an easy size to freeze off

• Edited

Update.. I went to a dermatologist

Yesterday I shaved and went to see a dermatologist. I explained to him before I get undressed that I have a small growth in the genital area. When I got undressed he told me in few seconds its genital warts even before he saw it because he saw a big one that I thought it was a mole. I told him that it's not the one I came to check he took a look on the small one and said it's an infection from the big one caused by shaving.he checked around for other ones but didn't find any and told me that I should stop using razors and use scissors from now on.

He said that both can be removed by laser in 30 minutes but I didn't go through and requested to come back later for the laser treatment.

Anyway what is confusing me that the big one, the one I thought is a mole is with me since childhood and I always thought it is just a mole it got bigger when I became an adult but it was unnoticeable growth and i thought it's because I'm growing .

How can I get hpv without being active sexually? (I'M 28 and my first sexual encounter was in 26 my first memory of this "mole" when I was 7 before puberty )

The doctor said that it can be transmitted in other ways like touching but I couldn't find any website or article that confirms it.

What do you think?

I'm a little afraid of the laser operation the doctor said its painless with local anesthesia and the mark will heal in 10 days with a prescription cream.

Did anyone try it before? will it start coming back faster and spreading if I did the laser operation?

Will I be able to get married and have children in the future? How dangerous is it?

Sorry for the long post I'm confused and I have too many questions. (picture of the big one attached) image

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.