please please help. chest pains...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I haven't posted anything for a while..could really do with some advice though.

I can't get to sleep because of chest pains and I would normally confide in my partner but he's had a really long day and I don't want to disturb his sleep.

I constantly get chest pain though it tends to be worse in an evening.

I was just laying here browsing the Web and I've suddenly started getting chest pain on the left behind my left breast. It's like a pressure but with a sharp twinge that keeps coming and going that's quite uncomfortable. I do suffer with anxiety and worry about dying from a heart attack (my father had one recently)

i have been to my doctors regularly as I've been so worried but they say nothing is wrong. But these pains are very real. I really could just use some advice. Please? X

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Having these pains is quite common among people who suffer from anxiety. But I do hope you had them checked out by your doctor, to be on the safe side. When I get those feeling, I turn on relaxation music and focus on telling myself that the pains will pass. Try not to add extra stress to your heart by worrying about it. I had the same thoughts about dying from a heart attack for 2 years straight until I was able to develop solutions to dealing and finally ending the chest pains. I hope this helps and God Bless...
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Kerry I get chest pains pretty much everyday from anxiety as I have pretty bad health anxiety; I always think they're is something wrong with my heart but there isn't (had tests etc)

The best way I've found of coping with it is placing one hand on the top of your stomach just below your chest and one on the top of your chest. Close your eyes and breath in and out slowly paying attention to where your hands are placed; if the hand on your chest is moving upwards more when you breathe in then your anxious and it's better if the hand on your stomach is going upwards more when breathing in. Hope this helps smile

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Maybe your doctor is really saying is there is nothing wrong with you physically, however unless you have brought your anxiety condition to their attention they have maybe overlooked that possibility.

You should perhaps consider ging back to your GP and make it clear that you do suffer from anxiety? 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi moggie, thank you for your reply. I will try not to worry too much, it certainly makes the situation harder when feeling like I do.

thank you Jim I will try this technique as not heart of that one before smile

Thanks archamedes. My doctors are aware of the anxiety, its just been a long drawn out process of finding a treatment for my anxiety that works as nothing has helped sp far xx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up