Please..please help me.

Posted , 4 users are following.

About a month ago I started developing tension headaches that only really happened more on the left side of my head rather than on both sides and really bad neck pain that is more on the left side. I went to the ER and to my primary doctor because I was 100 % sure I had a brain tumor and they asked if I had any other symptoms apart from the headaches and they also did a neurological test where they test my reflexes and check if I can follow their fingers with my eyes and not move my head and they said that it was simply just tension headaches, that I was fine.

I had a tension headache for a month and then it went away for about three weeks, I was pain free and happy!! A couple of days ago they came back -_- and its about the same kind of dull pain but this time it goes over my eyebrow and my eye a little and it feels like my eye is cold. Now me being a hypochondriac I now assume I still either have a brain tumor or an aneurysm -_- my psychologist and everyone else that I talk to this about say that they don't think that if I had a brain tumor or an aneurysm it would leave me be for three weeks and not give me pain whatsoever and then randomly come back, unfortunately I don't seem to get this through my head that I'm perfectly fine and I wanted to know your opinions

By the way I have recently been diagnosed by my psychologist with severe clinical depression, severe generalized anxiety disorder with panic.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I'm the same with my head and neck, I give up going to my doctors as they take one look at my record (anxiety) and its instantly just in my head. It's hard to accept there is nothing wrong when you convince your self there is I have had every test possible for things I don't even have symptoms for. I still havnt got it in my head that I'm ok. I'm not sure how to make you believe your ok as I havnt got there my self yet but stay strong it gets better. X
    • Posted

It's very hard to think that there's nothing wrong with me when it hurts so much. I've never felt this kind of pain before and it's scary!! it scares the heck out of me and unfortunately I can't seem to convince myself that my doctors are right and I'm fine. I always think "what if..?" And I keep checking my symptoms and type in Google "does anxiety cause____to hurt?" And it's taken over my life. I walk around my house looking like a zombie because I'm in pain and I just can't be bothered to do anything or pay attention because it's all I think about
  • Posted

I'm in the same boat, I suffer with bad headaches and vision problems plus dizziness I'm determined I have a tumour I also have a bump above my right ear but Dr's keep saying I have headaches and the bump is swollen lymph node I can't get myself to believe them

but like everyone says anxiety controls your mind so much and I've had so many tests with nothing found we are both healthy and anxiety is trying to take control when we worry we make the pain worse especially when we concentrate on it everyday! keep yourself hydrated and have plenty of rest xx

• Posted

Thankfully I'm a little bit better today. I haven't panicked today and I've been trying to smile more and I've been trying to forget the pain. I keep putting bengay (pain relieving cream) on my neck where it hurts and on my temple and it slowly makes me forget about the pain since the cream has menthol in it and it feels like an icy hot patch and it smells relaxing!! so I suggest you try that or Vic's vapor rub on your temples to try and help you relax and make your headaches a little less painful! I hope to be rid of these headaches and this anxiety soon. I hope you feel better too!
    • Posted

I'm glad your feeling better!

Thank you for that advice I'll give them a try see If they help!

• Posted

I really hope it helps! Just know that you're not alone with this and you can come talk to me whenever you feel scared!!
  • Posted

Could be Neuralgia??
    • Posted

The pain near my eye is going away slowly and it's just the pain in my neck that's hurting my left temple a little bit. I don't know if that's what a neuralgia is. But today I've been calm and I've tried not to panic and the pain has reduced significantly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.