please please please

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have only had 1 anxiety panic attack but went to hospital straight away. they said my body was perfect my heart was great everything is great. so why am I getting the fear that I can't breath like that's what is scary me the most. I just want to go back to myself. please I literally don't want to do nothing anyone just to curl up and never be seen again. it's doing a lot of damage to my confidence and i just have enough. I can't even stay in the house by myself that I get scared. I used to love being by myself. now I can't. will it go away?? why did it come on me? if I am with someone I feel ok but on my own I feel like i am going to die. lots of nagivtive stuff comes into my head. please can anyone help me!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

That's just anxiety, there is no why, it just is what it is. You can spend a lot of time wondering why, it won't help at all. See a Dr about anxiety treatment, meds or therapy, the choice is yours. Don't be pushed into either one, choose the route that suits you

• Posted

That's just how anxiety works.. Its horrible. Your mind is terrified of worrying it's going to happen again, so in turn it's telling you to be scared.. The hospital said you're fine, so just try to slowly get back into your comfort zone. If you dont, there is a 100 percent chance that anxiety will take over your life.

Start by trying to stay alone for an hour a day.. Go outside for a walk. Tell yourself outloud you are fine.

• Posted

i m the same like you have done all test ecgs holter ecg for 24 hours echo 2 time blood work for all body tests urine test stool test endoscopy colonscopy all of that come normal but have panic attack and lot of fear of death heart attack and travelling in plane------lot of docs give me anti depressant tablet but never use it its my big mistake now my gp prescribed me lexapro 10 mg tablet propnolol tablet 10mg 3 times a day today is the 4th day  i am using it i didnot say its great still feel heavy in chest but fine then before i will try to use it for months or year still discussing with my doc and trying to find the solution of my problem-----you shoud not think to much thats the way u will feel fine
  • Posted

Hi Zena, I'm going through hell at the moment... chest pains, feeling numb/weakness, heart palpitations and dry mouth and not to mention how this is affecting my life!

I was also admitted to hospital recently with a suspected mini stroke but was admitted later on that same day.

Had to later on see a T.I.A Consultant who assured me it was just a panic attack but since then been experiencing severe chest tightness and been convincing myself I am having a heart attack.

All this started from my headaches which have resulted in more tests and I have to have a CT Scan and I'm just freaking myself out as am expecting the worse...

I have all the symptoms of something serious especially as I've been suffering eye migraines as well..

sorry I'm not really helping you at the moment just thought id share my experience too..

Lots of love x

• Posted

thanks zoe, I hope you get better love. thanks for sharing your experience. you just got to tell yourself that your ok over and over in your head. don't get me wrong I know it's hard but I've started doing it when I feel liked I am getting a panic attack and it works. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.