Please read! Extreme, extreme bloating and pain

Posted , 12 users are following.

My husband has had extreme bloating and pain for about 4 months. He looks like he's pregnant. He's had every test I can think of including an endoscopy and colonoscopy. His celiac test came back negative but he still tried the gluten free diet for a month. He's also tried the Fodmap diet along with many prescription meds. Nothing is relieving the bloating or pain. The pain areas vary. He's extremely uncomfortable and frustrated. Anyone have any suggestions at all?

0 likes, 30 replies

Report / Delete

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Has he lost weight
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Did he cut dairy items from his diet?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes, he cut dairy out totally.  He thinks that aggravates his IBS.  He does not eat or drink anything dairy and that has only helped with the diarrhea - not with the major bloating and pain.  Thanks for responding.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Has your doctor suggested IBS?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

In that case, maybe he is having a prolonged IBS flare up.  Sometimes. medications that worked before, stop working.  Has he tried Buscopan, peppermint oil capsules, probiotics? Nurofen is also good for the pain so long as he is not sensitive to it.  I take Buscopan and Nurofen if my IBS gets bad
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks.  Do they help with extreme bloating????  

We've tried the probiotics for about 3 months and nothing helped.  But, he could possibly try one of those new medications you mentioned.  Thank you.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Can I enquire after having the colonoscopy did they mention a redundant colon?, can could the colonoscopy be completed?.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up