Please read I need help

Posted , 10 users are following.

i am 18. i have extreme anxiety. i have scared myself into cancers, als, and more. now i am afraid i have a brain tumor. i have tightness / pressure in my head and i feel dizzy and nauseas. i went and they didnt think i had anything wrong so then i went to another doctor who said the same. it got so bad to where i hit mysrlf in the head repeatedly in hopes to be able to get a scan. i eventually went ahead and paid 500 to get a head ct and it came out clean and they saw no abnormalities. i am still worrying i have a terminal brain tumor. please help me in anyway

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry your feeling so bad and going through thus ordeal . Head pressure , dizziness , anxiety are symptoms if a vitamin D deficiency . Can you describe any other symptoms you may have ? You had a CT scan which you clear , thank God for that good news !

here are a few symptoms ,can you relate ? Numbness , especially in your finger tips , tingling , coughing , itching , stomach issues , bowel movement issues , shortness of breath , joint pain , upper or lower back pain , palpitations , fatigue , weakness , hallucinations , schizophrenic , anxiety , depression ,IBS , gastritis , ?

• Posted

It sounds like anxiety if everything has come through clear. How long have you been experiencing the symptoms?

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear how you had to get a brain scan. I have the same symptoms. Head pressure, tightness, dizzy, lightheaded, feeling off like im going to faint. A warm flush tingling feeling that goes threw my body my blood pressure shoots up my legs feel heavy and weak. Ya anxiety also considered Panic disorder since mine pop up at any moment or time of the say I have xanax as needed and I take zoloft it helps a lot.

• Posted

hey I'm 51 and have felt the same as you most of my adult life. I still suffer now with severe health anxiety, and its hell. every little ache and pain I get, I google and think I have cancer. believe me when I say I've had every cancer going at some point. I've taken myself to doctors and hospital more times than I can remember. I've convinced myself that I have a serious illness. my latest fear is Als this scares me to death, I suffer with body twitching, tingling, stiffness etc., to many symptoms to mention and a lot of what I have is linked to als, but its also linked to anxiety and millions of people also suffer with them. I've got myself into such a panic with it. you're only 18 and should be out enjoying yourself, the mind is a very powerful thing and can actually manifest to thinking that your symptoms are real, when in fact they've been brought on by anxiety. all the symptoms you have will be linked to that, and the more you think about it the worse it will get. your scan is clear, the chances of you having a tumour are pretty non existent. stop overthinking and try and get some counselling to get yourself out this vicious circle,. you will overcome this, try and stay positive you are absolutely fine. I hope you have a wonderful christmas. there are things online that can help you, just google things to help with anxiety. big hugs you are not alone xx

• Posted

you absolutely do not have a brain tumor! The CT scan would have easily seen it. Your mind is taking control and is telling you that you have something terrible.

What you have is unmanaged anxiety to the point where you are getting symptoms. Those symptoms related to anxiety are not harmful! But the more you worry and wonder the more you will have those symptoms. I know it’s easier said than done but what you need to do is let it all go. I decided that I’m not gonna worry about illnesses . As long as I get my yearly check up at the doctor and everything is OK, then I’m going to live my life!

and you need to live yours. You are the victim of symptoms related to severe anxiety and I would highly suggest you speak with a counselor who can help you manage this. Otherwise you’re going to live a miserable life with worry controlling you.

• Posted

hey, so that feeling is perfectly normal with persons who suffer from anxiety. it has become a daily feeling for me. when u don't think about it, it goes right away. I promise you that ur absolutely fine. 😃

• Posted

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I have the same symptoms for the past few months, dizziness, head pressure, feeling faint. It's hell! I also had a brain scan and everything came out fine. There should be some comfort in knowing you had a ct scan done and everything was normal. A tumor would have shown up so no need to worry there! Anxiety can do some crazy things to your body. Have you had all blood work done? Has anything traumatic happened? Been under high stress?

• Posted

You dont have a tumor

You dont have anything that will kill you

You have anxiety and health anxiety.

Hitting yourself to create a problem is also not ok.

You need help, please see a dr and get into therapy and probably some anxiety meds as well.

All of your tests are clear because you are 100% healthy.

Anxiety causes symptoms that are 100% real to you but its all caused by your mind, and nothing anxiety causes can kill you. It can take your quality of live though so this is why you need to get on top of it.

I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Also, i forgot to say its always best to get some blood work done if you have not done so as vitamin/mineral depletion can cause some symptoms.

So ask for:

iron levels including ferritin

magnesium/potassium/calcium/vit D and vit b12

Thyroid function test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.