Please reassure me

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past month, my left breast has been feeling a bit "heavy". I am also now experiencing pain on the inner side of my left breast. I know if it's painful it's nothing to worry about and might be my cycle. Also my breast seems larger than the right but apparently that is normal as well but it seems new to me, but maybe I am freaking out more due to anxiety. I have had regular breast exams over the past few years and so far nothing. I have had breast pain that the doctors say is due to muscle and I have been fitted for a proper bra. But here I am, 28, and freaking out. I just need reassurance. I hate having to just run to the doctor every time I experience anxiety over something. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have exact same things. Did mamo a yr ago and ultrasound (I'm 38) and dr keeps saying its nerve/damage muscle. Even I am always freaking out about it and I also suffer from anxiety. I also feel a warm feeling but apparently that's wat a nerve feels like too.
  • Posted

I have close to the same thing I went in for a mammagram and ultra sound they said I have small cyist but they are not sure what the pain is coming from and that most breast pain can not find the reason for it. Sometimes it goes away on its own and sometimes you just have to learn to live with it. I still hate not knowing for sure. I was told by my Dr and the clinic person that I don't even need to worry about another mammagram untill I am 40. I am 33 now. I hope this helps
    • Posted

Yes same thing but it's driving me nuts constantly worrying 😭 mine told me to go for a mamo in 18 months which is already scaring me yet I have to wait till feb. wish I could stop worrying
    • Posted

Usually when I have breast pain, the doctor says it's my chest muscles. But I thought I felt a painful lump... Not sure. I have a physical in 4 months and have had breast exams before. Just hate the anxiety
    • Posted

I still have pain. My physical is next month...still waiting. It seems to hurt more when I am about to start my period. I've had doctors feel around and not feel anything. One said it was muscle pain. 
    • Posted

I am getting the same in my left breast also, hurts to press on it from thr nipple upwards, also had pain in rib too but told that could be costochodrilitis, dr could not feel lump in my breast at all and nothing else was said about it x
  • Posted

I too keep freaking out but went for a check up 3 weeks ago at gp and he said though my breasts are lumpy there is nothing to worry about. I have my annual check up at Gynae in 2 weeks so will check with him too. It does worry me a lot abit too much but I am a very anxious person and need to start believing it really is muscle/nerves.
    • Posted

I have very bad heatlh anxiety and thankfully my boyfriend understands me and is so so supportive. I'm going to express my concerns with my doctor when I go for a sexual health check next week. I'm sure for me it's nothing. I had a physical last year where he checked my breasts and no lumps and half a year ago I had another doctor check because of the pain I was having and he said it was muscular due to how I sit. I also have Fibromyalgia so that doesn't help. 
  • Posted

I have the pinkish red splotch on both breasts. 
  • Posted

The other spot on the other breast. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.