Please. Save my sanity

Posted , 8 users are following.

i have had a hehideous week ladies. Fight all the time with my son and now my husband is back on a fourtnightly visit from his job,it has just got worse. I am going insane. It has got so bad I have locked myself in my room for four days ( husband & I have to sleep in separate rooms now anyway) To cap it all my darling cat had to be put to sleep and I am devastated. I have every symptom going of the menopause and don't think I can take any more  doctors are shocking and not interested so no point going to them. I think I'll stay in my room until it goes as I'm just hurting everyone 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear that Christine. I sometimes feel like locking myself away from everybody but my daughter is only 7 and needs me! I do tend to have lots of disagreement and argument with my husband lately. I wonder the effect on my daughter. I feel like leaving everything behind. I see a therapist. She thinks I need help from Dr's. She also thinks I don't need antidepreubut profession help from GPS. But do they understand and help. NO! sad
    • Posted

It's just getting worse. No GPs support at all - they look at you like you're a moron. Im' at my wits end. My baby cat was the final straw. Don't know where to turn. Thanks for listening Imaginecelebi it m ans such a lot. 

• Posted

Oh yes I forgot to mention; sorry for your loss. It must have been even more lonely without your dear cat. sad Try to do the things you like and try to relax and be your own healer somehow. I know it is not an easy journey...All the best.
  • Posted

Dear Christine

I am sorry to hear all your sorry.

If you can at this point think of yourself.

If your son is of an age that he does not really

Depend on you ie he does but only because you have done everything for him in the past let him get on with it himself now.

Try fine something that you want to do possibly as

A hobby / pastime that puts u in a place that takes your mind off all the nasties around you.

I know it is easier said than done. And there is alway conversations on here ladies here are all willing to help all the time. Good luck. Xx

• Posted

Hi Jerry,

i used to exercise regularly, walk miles ,do yoga & Pilates but now my whole body aches and it's all I can do to get out of bed.  How much longer must this heinous episode be endured? 

• Posted

I'm really sorry for your loss. A pet can really bring us comfort I know. *big hug. 

I also have every symptom going, then some. I am today kind of locked in my room. I have mostly anxiety. It's like a raging lion. Have you tried meditation? I ask as sometimes they do help me. I found some good ones on YouTube. Perhaps just look for calming stress relief ones? I also find some yoga helps, like chair or bed yoga at these times. As does a walk. 

Perhaps knowing you are not alone, that I can relate help? I don't know. I'm sure you are not meaning to hurt your family and they realize that? If not let them know if you can. I know when I'm like this I feel guilty too, which I don;t have the energy for either. xx

• Posted

I know know I must push myself to be more proactive but at the moment the grief of loosing my little animal has overwhelmed me. I need to give myself a couple of days to recover from the shock of it all then try some gentle exercise at least.. I'm quite a determined person so can push myself to do thing.   Thanks Callianne to taking the time to reply. Take care. 
    • Posted

Hi Christine. Sorry to hear things are so tough. Your post gave me some reassurance about my own sanity as i also feel like locking myself away and am struggling with all kinds of emotions. Keep reading and talking. It's such a shame menopause causes such upset and trauma but there is little support out in the community. Take care
    • Posted

You are so right Carole no one understands how awful this is unless they suffer it that's why this forum is so important to me. I really felt at the end of my tether this morning and was so scared but coming on here & writing things down made me concentrate on something else. All the kind words & reassurance has calmed me down & made me realise I'm not alone. Thank you. X
  • Posted

Hi Christine,sorry for the loss of your cat,our little pets are such a comfort to us,you must be heart broken.I just wanted to say you re not alone,I m try to get through this while dealing with a 13 yr old hormonal daughter,it's a miracle we havnt killed each other,the arguments have been crazy.I find meditation really helpful,I do it many times a day if I'm really struggling,once you're feeling stronger,do as the other ladies have suggested and find out what you like to do for yourself,as mothers and wives we forget what we really want from life,it's not awful to be a little selfish sometimes.I hope you're feeling better soon,take care X
    • Posted

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I sympathise with you struggling with your teenagers hormones-I remember it well with my boy. He is going through the anx of second year uni exams at moment so he's suffering too. Hormonal mother, we've lost two cats in five months & exams, puts my problems into perspective. I've been out doing some gardening in the sunshine today so that's helped. I just wished I was as active as I used to be. One day we'll look back & laugh eh. Take care. X
    • Posted

It was a lovely day and I was doing the same. The garden just has a way of making things better somehow smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.