please some help me.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi . everyone i have been suffering from health anxiety for the last 4To5 years. today i was walking into a shopping centre suddenly i feel very very dizzy and the pressure in my head was so bad while i was walking it was getting worse when i stood still i just felt sick it was so much pressure in my ears as welL i had to literally run out of the shopping centre and pray to god that i make it to My car. now all i can think of is that i might have some sort of tumor in my brain or in my ears Or ihave a blood clot and i'm not going to wake up tomorrow if i finally d a go tosleep tonight. Please help me has any one had this

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

have you seen your doctor of late.? There must be something steeped into your subconscious which you may o rmay not be aware of!!Go over the things which you worry about most!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Oh yes. I've had people come and sit down beside me and all of a sudden I get the urge to shout, Sit someone else! Keep praying and I hope you're seeking some therapy.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi sally the symptoms you have today are typical symptoms of anxiety and panic. It's frightening, I'm having dizziness today, started taking propanolol for anxiety on Wednesday, felt a bit breathless today so called the pharmacy they advised me to stop taking the tablet, they said cause I hadent taken for long it was ok to just stop taking without reducing slowly. Was in hairdressers and took dizzy it's continued all day & making me feel sick. I'm going into menopause so don't know if it's that or anything to do with stopping tabs. Anyone else suffering the same?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think most people who have suffered from anxiety have has some form of dizzy spell. Escalators and even patterns on carpets would send my head west. I thought I was epileptic at one point,but once I overcome the anxiety the dizzy spells stopped.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

th ank you all for your responses i'm glad i'm not alone today i woke up and i was fine for at least about an hour i was just sitting outside having my coffee and suddenly this rush came over me then my head feels heavy again and i started shaking and my heart beats startEd going faster. i took half a tablet of ativan which is prescribed to me by my doctor so i have been feeling out of it all day i can't bring myself to go to the doctors as i am really scared that going to tell me that i have some sort of a tumor this is ruining my marriage and my life everyday there is a different problem i don't know if my minds creating it or not
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Have you got any other symptoms? The fact you've been suffering with anxiety for 4 years should prove to you that your dizziness is more likely going to be casued by your anxiety rather than a tumor. You're acting like I did when I suffered from anxiety. Both of us opted for the worst possible scenario. I know of a couple of people who are living with vertigo type symtoms,and not one has a tumor,they have an inner ear problem. In fact, most people I know have suffered spells of dizziness,and I'm yet to know of one who's had a tumor.

I've posted this before on another article but I'll leave it again. My Dr said to me once "an elephant and a mouse are both mammals,they both have 4 legs,2 eye's and 2 ears,yet they're nothing a like". Just because you've got one syptom of an illness doesn't me you've got the illness. I thought I had CJD (mad cows disease) once,even tho I've been a vegetarian for most of my life,yet I still opted for worst option, because I read one of the first symptoms of CJD was a sore knee,and I had a sore knee at the time. Common sense goes out the window when you suffer from anxiety. Good luck Sally,I hope you get better soon.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Sally, Dizzyness and head pressure are classic anxiety symptoms, basically the small capillary blood vessels close which gives the sensation of a tight pressure on the scalp, it won't harm you.

Neil 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up