Please some honest help

Posted , 8 users are following.

HI everyone its me again! I really dont know what to do . I have now been on 20mg for 5 months and just keep getting worse.

I have a headache 24 hrs a day,i cant get out of bed with bad pain,and the second i close my eyes i twitch and jolt in my face,arms,

legs and all over. Also the second i remotly nod off i am in a nightmare world that i cant escape.I have now pretty much come off

sleeping tablets so the above symtoms seem more intence.Have any of you had this on citalopram?i really feel my only option

is to come off but am terrified.Please be honest as my doctor sais ime making up these symtoms.I dont know who i am anymore.8

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

those are all side effects of celexa it took me 8 months for all those bizarre side effects to go away.you are not making this up trust me.

• Posted

Hi Steve,

I 100% agree with Lois these are the symptoms from celexa. It also took me 6-7 months to fully recover from the crazy side effects. Yes the headaches really made me crazy. Accupuncture helped with them. Hang in there. My Dr told me the same thing. It really p****d me off. They dont realize the side effects people have. Keep us posted of how you are doing.

Will

• Posted

hi Will thankyou for your reply are you ona high dose ?

• Posted

I'm really sorry to hear ur not having a good time on citalopram, I haven't had any of those side effects just extreme fatigue on the 20mg, so I had to cut down to 15mg. Perhaps u could try reducing the dose? Sorry I'm not much help

• Posted

hi Marie thankyou for your reply do you feel much better on lower dose and how did you reduce?

• Posted

also a lower dose may help you .i lower my dose to ten milligrams and boy what a difference.

• Posted

hi steve. sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. I too stuck it out for 6 months on varying doses, highest being 20mgs, that made me really ill, went up slowly and reduced slowly and nothing seemed to ease my symptoms. I have been on this med before and it worked really well so was concerned and disappointed that it didnt work this time. Went back to my GP and they have switched me over to sertraline, was very anxious about changing meds and going through side effect hell coming off one and starting another but apart from some very mild side effects after only 2 weeks I am 90 percent back to normal, wish I had done it weeks ago. Only you can make the decision to change or not but I would say you have given it a good shot and if it is not improving for you and you are getting worse then maybe a rethink and a serious talk with a doctor is needed, be it with the one you have or a new one who will listen and advise.

• Posted

hi sue thankyou for your reply . I feel so ill i would swear ime dying.I really cant carry on like this its been months now,

i cant even work atall.There is just no help.Did you slowly stop citalopram then start the other? or just switch

thanks again

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel, I was so fed up of feeling ill and was out of work more times then I was in. I reduced to 15 mgs which I had been on for 6weeks before saying enough is enough, went to GP and she gave me 50mgs of sertraline with the time table of 10mgs of cit for a week, then 5mgs of cit with 25mgs of sert for a week, then stop cit and continue with 25mgs of sert fir 2 weeks and if all ok increase to 50mgs of sert. I know some on here will say wow too fast but for me it worked with minimal side effects, I was not looking forward to it one bit due to reading all the negatives on here but 2weeks in on just sert I am so much better and can feel improvement my fear of what I thought was going to be a nightmare held me back from getting better

• Posted

It does but I take it at 7pm so I get a good nights sleep, I am asleep by 10, up at 6, at work by 8 and am alert through out the day, get some daytime tiredness but that is towards the end of the working week, which is normal

• Posted

Hey friend,

It really is a battle to find the right meds. My advice is to either lower your doseage with your doctors helps, or switch medication with your doctors help. Ive had to try 4 different medications. Since they were all considered to be SSRI's, my doctor was able to give me the equivalent doseage and I just switched straight over. After 5 months, I would expect these side effects to have lessened.

• Posted

hi there thankyou for your reply, i agree with you and the side affects are getting worse. I think ive got grow some balls and start tapering this stuff, hardest decision ever but i dont think this is going away anytime soon.Wish me luck!!!

• Posted

I totally understand where you are coming from re the switching, I really got so low and so anxious just could not face starting all over again but ............it was the best thing I have done, you cannot go on like this and if you do what you feel is right for you at your pace it may ease things. I got so bad that I thought what the hell go for it because it can't be any worse then what I was feeling like then. you will get better and then you will look back on these posts and think wow I have come along way

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.