Please someone give their advice?!?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So since the end of July I have been having head issues. The pressure is only my left side and two weeks ago I went to the doctor and he told me he thinks I'm having tension headaches. He prescribed muscle relaxers and physical therapy appointments. I went to 1 PT appt and found out it's a $35 cover fee every time and I can't afford to go or the other sessions. They gave me a sheet of neck exercises to do daily. I was so worried about a brain tumor but my doctor says I don't have any of the signs and it seems like it's gotten a lot better since I've gotten that reassurance from him. It's been two weeks since the appt and the headaches are still there. I've had a couple days where I had no issues and it was such false hope that I was getting better rolleyes I'm trying not to worry bc my husband just thinks I need to let it be bc they are chronic headaches. But im trying not to be scared and worry but my dr said if it doesn't stop to go back n see him. But I already owe a ton in dr bills and idk where to go next? Any advice? Should I pin it down to what my dr said and leave it be even if they don't stop? I'm scared to leave it be if it's serious but I think my symptoms would've gotten worse by now if it was serious. The only symptom I have is head tightness/pressure.

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Do you experience head movement (pendulum) like side by side? Do you also experience pressure after you ate? How about pressure at back of your eyes. Is it periodical?

On my part, i had these symtomps including yours. Got anxiett for 8 months now

• Posted

No my

Only symptom is one part of my head feels right or like there's throbbing/squeezing

• Posted

Hey Lori I don't know if you've seen my many post , but I have head sensations all the time mostly everyday with a few good days somewhere during the month , but I get those same symptoms you are experiencing and more so no need to worry I've been to the neurologist and had MRIs and everything came back normal so I just fight through everyday even though it hurts and is scary

• Posted

I wish at times I could have the MRI bc I get scared. I'm afraid it's bad and I'm not catching early on. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement

• Posted

Anyone else have any advice? I feel like things are getting worse now this sucks
  • Posted

I feel at such a loss it's been going on 10 weeks with these headaches. I wanna feel normal again. I knew I should just get a CT scan done and rule anything serious

• Posted

Hey Lori I know you'd rather hear from someone else but I just wanted to say this , I was thinking like you saying if I just could have a MRI or ct scan I'd be able to relax but even after I had the MRI I was still convinced something was wrong in my head and that they missed something , because its all mental , and another thing I wanted to ask you did you Dr do any neurological test on you

• Posted

He just checked my reflexes, blood pressure, my eyes n ears and my heart. He told me I had no alarming signs of a possible tumor. I know the more worrying I do the worse it could get with my head but it's hard I just wanna know I'm okay

• Posted

Yeah I wanted to know because that's also what my primary doctor did alsonamd said the same thing sonwhem.they do that they can tell that's why he didntbsend you for a MRI , I believe your just fine its just anxiety believe me these headaches I get are beyond horrible and scary very very painful at times along with the other sensations of numbness and tingling and throbbing and pulsating so I know its scaring the daylights out of you because it still scars me and I had the MRI

• Posted

So you think getting the MRI is not even worth it? I just want ny life back. I wanna feel "normal" again. It's been since mid july since this all started for me.

• Posted

To be honest its really not needs those little test your Dr did on you are to check for tumors , and you were fine , and actually even if you had the MRI , you'd still think the doctors missed something and you'll still think the same things your thinking now , so its a waste ! We are all in the nightmare together unfortunately but its all.anxiety

• Posted

I hope. I just wonder why I have random days where it doesn't hurt at all

• Posted

Maybe because your not that much focused on it that day or.your body isn't that stressed that particular day , I don't know lol

• Posted

I know. I feel like I relaxed a lot after the dr told me they were tension headaches it was rly awesome for like a week and now I'm back to worrying. How long has this been going on for you

• Posted

Yeah I've been having the headaches and head sensations off and on since February, had the MRI in march

• Posted

Is yours on one aids off our head? Does anything help relieve it?
    • Posted

Lol I knew what you meant , but it's different each time , sometimes its on one side near the back or front or neary temple , sometimes its on the top like throbbing or pulsating , sometimes its behind my eyes or my forehead , and sometimes its in the back of my head

• Posted

See mine is always the same spot everyday it doesn't change and so that rly scares me that it is a tumor

• Posted

Noway it can be in the same spot everyday , I can tell you , you definitely do not have a tumor !! Its all anxiety mines have stayed in the same spot for a while like a month or so but I get pains in other spot of my head also so that's why I say it movea around

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.