please tell me its anxiety :(

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi im 31 . I have posted on here before. My anxiety feels like its not getting better. I have 2 children and so scared of them being left without me. A year ago i had a servere miscarriage where i was bleeding that much i got rushed for surgery. Ever since then. I cant stop thinking something is wrong with me. 3 times this year i have coughed up a bit of blood not loads. Ive had 2 coughs and colds but this ine 3 weeks ago was out of no where i coughed and it came up. I had a panic attack and took myself to a and e i had a xray and it was xlear they said becausr i have a habbit of coughing and straining its from there

I always feel theres a lump in my throat. But ive got it into my head there missing something. Ive had blood tests too all clear. I suffer from servere health anxietyx

I just cant stop thinking and i google everything what makes me think i have the c word.

Regards vicky.

0 likes, 22 replies

Report / Delete

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm a singer and this is a bit of an occupational hazard with me of I've had a heavy gig! It's not anything to worry about! If there was something serious going on inside you, you wouldn't just be hacking up a bit of blood sporadically. Xxx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you for replying. Just think the worst all the time. And cant stop. Its scary when it happens. They have told me i will be making my throat sore by keep trying to cough up nothing in my throat. But then i read things on the net. I know i shouldnt. X
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Vickykm

Your not alone I have really bad anxiety as well it's bad everything I feel the smallest ache pain I analyse and fund a way for it to be the C word I have made myself a mess for over 10 years with this. I too need help that the doctors can not really give as all they say is I have anxiety . They are not wrong because if I did have what I think I have I would have been dead years ago . But I still feel helpless

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have been avoiding googling anything because of how intense my fear gets about everything from world issues to a bump on my arm. I have been trying to be as homeopathic as possible with my treatment because of the sleepiness the medications cause and having one year old twins doesnt quite mix well. I have had chronic sinusitis my entire teenage and adulthood so far that causes me to typically hack up a lung in the morning which has resulted in a little blood from time to time, plus straining with morning sickness for 7 months I also had blood in that from time to time, always told this is from straining/coughing and is normal. Of course its hard not to worry it could be something else but I am trying to use that whole "if it makes sense it must be true" theory most of us anxiety sufferers have to a better use, instead I think well if I am straining and coughing a lot it makes sense I could burst a blood vessel and there would be blood. Instead of seeking new answers online which lead me to Start making outrageous assumptions self diagnosing. Try not to focus so much on negatives that are happening as difficult as that seems the mind is much more capable than we give credit. We can heal our minds taking the time to cut out the things that are causing it to begin with.

As soon as you start thinking something negative, you have to stop, and change the focus it takes little time but once you can do it it makes a difference for at least the smaller things that you let get in your head. As crazy as it may sound I will literally hum out loud sometimes to just break the thought process.

Cut out sugars, especially sodas. A lot of people say the caffeine causes a lot of anxiety but high fructose corn syrup that is in nearly everything has been linked to anxiety sufferers.

Meat like beef and pork, unless youre eating hormone free antibiotic free, these meats are wreaking havok on our bodies. I have no doubt in my mind cutting out red meats helps reduce anxiety.

Make sure your getting your vitamins, as we age and have children especially. We really tend to take less care of ourselves and more everyone around us. Theres hardly enough time to make all the healthy meals every single day but if youre at least getting your vitamins B C and E they help the nervous system function properly, B vitamins particulary affect mood and metabolism, magnesium is also known to help relieve stress therefore lacking it would cause irritability and apathy. Also people lacking in Omega 3's are shown to be more anxious.

Take the saying "you are what you eat" to heart, eat good fresh foods to nourish your body.

Having somebody to talk to when youre feeling this way, someone who understands and is willing to just listen and help talk you out of the negative mind frame really helps a load.

Exercise. Getting outside for me and just walking, doesnt just keep the pounds off or improve blood pressure, its also proven to help mood disorders And several studies have shown that physical activity is linked with decreased risk of some cancers, particularly breast and colon cancer.

Ive learned being an anxious person there will always be days where things feel like it be better off without me.. Those days will remain. But at least I am learning to cope and learning natural ways to help cure my anxiety rather than pharmaceutals taking my money and my sanity. Anxiety does not define you. Strengthen the body and mind. You will overcome.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Aww thank you for your words. You are completely right in what you are saying. And i should take the doctors words that i am fine. I do drink alot of herbal teas

Ive never been a big drinker, taken drugs, smoked in my life. So was surprised when i coughed up blood. When im having a good day i wont google. But when my anxiety is bad. I will google. My husband has taken my data off me but i will find a way to google off something else wether it being my sons phone of the laptop. I do also walk alot. I take the youngest to school every day. I am an army wife so im very isolated as i find it hard to mix with others due to some of them not being friendly. So i spend alot of by myself. X

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Absolutely understand finding it hard to find more positive people to be around. Negativity churns the world currently. Im not a drinker or drug user myself and a lot of times we find it hard to find friends because we will exclude people that take part in these activities which means slim pickins for us then being married to someone who is often not home im sure is taking a heck of a toll on you. Every person needs that time that they can completely unwind and it doesnt sound like your getting very much momma time.

Just being alone in itself(and I mean adult alone, kids dont count lol) can make your mind wonder then add google in the mix and youre gonna make yourself nuts momma!!! Stay away from google!!!

Have you tried any aromatherapy? Like burning lavendar essential oils to calm the house? Just another suggestion. Or when you start thinking maybe I should google this symptom remind yourself what comes of that.. Worry and more anxiety. Also perhaps changing your focus and start researching MIND MANIFESTATION. This is something I have begun researching and once again that theory "it makes sense must be true" hits me and Im running. Basically there are people who believe if you think something enough you can manifest it.(good or bad) So a negative thinking person can only outline negative lifestyles because thats the only way they think. I am new to this but from stories I have read I find comfort in thinking that if I start my day positive tell myself that today is another beautiful day in a crazy world and here I am to make my mark. I want my mark to be beautiful and glow with all the radiance of the sun, I am a loving mother that plants the seeds that will grow into freethinking beautiful people. You must remind yourself how worthy you are, how amazing you are as a woman and what you have already accomplished creating these equally beautiful children. My biggest reminders are my two. They SEE EVERYTHING mommy is happy babies happy. End of story. This time you have here is soooo precious dont worry so much anout what could happen or you not being here in the future think of now make sure you feed into them every bit of love strength and happiness, they will give back to you. That cycle is endless and so passionately full of a special love that only your child can give you. You can turn nightmares into dreams you just gotta wake up first.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ive been having accupunture for the lump in my throat. Its amazing what it can do. Its relaxing as well and she gave me some medicine to take as well. Your right my husbands away alot so alot of the time im left with the children so never get me time. It is hard. And i work part time as well.

I hope you are wellx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Its because we have lost so much trust I n docs because of negligence. Just go with their decision.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm so glad I've found some one who suffers with the lump in their throat and I'm not alone! I'm 29 and just recently had my 3rd child I had a very traumatic birth and haven't been myself since! About 7 weeks ago I started to notice a lump in my throat every time I swallowed Sylvia, I stupidly googled it and have convinced my self I'm dying of cancer!!! I'm scared to eat because I'm convinced that my food isn't going down properly! I've been to see the doctor who says it's anxiety causing it and is something called globas. I can't stop thinking what if he's wrong what if I do have cancer and I'm going to leave my children. I'm having constant panic attacks and feel so sick it's ruining my life!! Just to let you know your not alone xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Aww gemma its horrible. I have it every day i try and clear my throat thinking theres something there but there isnt. Sometimes i feel like i cant breathe with it. Like you ive bewn told its anxiety. I wake up in the morning and its not there as soon as im up sorting the children its there. I cough all the time and constantly strain my throat. Ive been told it will get better. And it will go. When i dony know.

Vickyx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm the same in the morning it's not there but after I've eaten it seems to tigger it. I'm convinced my food hasn't gone down properly coz there's a lump stopping it. I've got really bad there pas few days literally convinced myself I'm dying. I've become scared of eating! How do you cope with eating? Xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It is the anxiety. I thought i had throat cancer but its the anxiety. Just think you never had it before you started with anxiety. Im forever checking in my mouth on a bad day and checking for blood im obsessed and constantly coughing or clearing my throat. I have mints or hard sweets and that seems to help and i chew my food ao its not in big lumpsx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's crazy what anxiety can do and how scared it can make you feel!! The doc prescribed me tablets 2 days ago. I tried one and I hated it I felt so sick and the panic was even worse! I daren't take another now! How do we change our mind set? I need to beat this for my family's sake! X
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've just started cbt and praying it works! It's the side effects of the tablets they made me so sick that my partner had to take the day off work coz I couldn't get out of bed but he can't take no more time off!! Oh I'm in a right pickle! Have you had cbt? X
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes ive had cbt and it did work for me. But mines traumatic so i have to have somethibg called emdr. Its for trauma . And then more cbt. I was like you at the beginning having panic attacks all day its horrible. But it will get better. Have you been taught to breathe into a paper bag that helps for me.x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Jemma I also tried medication and felt a whole lot worse and the reason for it was I believed I would feel worse so my anxiety allowed my mind to think negative thoughts about the medication. But guess what I've tried meds again starting yesterday and because I kept pounding it into my head that they will do me good they actually have. Your allowing your mind to be negative about everything so therefore nothing will help. Try again but this time don't think to yourself that you have just taken a pill. Just take it and get on with something else instead of waiting for a reaction from it and I promise you before you know it you will say to yourself hey I feel a bit better !!!! Good luck X
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply smile I'm just nervous to take meds, I've never taken any kind of pills before and I really don't want to but I'm in such a bad place at the moment! After the birth of my daughter 5 months ago I had a massive hemorrhage and thought I was going to die and it's just broken me! I've alway been a worrier especially about health but never like this! Constantly terrified I'm going to leave my 3 children without their mum sad even though 2 doctors have assured me it's the anxiety causing the lump feeling I still think what if all the time. I hope I can beat this I've never felt so bad! I hope the meds work for you and you get better x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

No I haven't been told that I'll have to try it thanks! Hopefully we can all beat this. It should be obvious to is all it's just the anxiety especially seeing everyone's stories and none of us are actually dying it's all in our head!! Xx
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up