please tell me others feel the same!

Posted , 20 users are following.

Hi ladies

I am hoping to hear that others feel the same. i started feeling sick in jan. since then i have had all symptoms of peri. dr did bloodwork ( thanks to my mom for thinking of menopause! i am 42 ) and came back i am. the most troublesome for me is constant feeling of off balance. not like spinning but like on a boat feeling. i had all kinds of tests.. i was worried i had ms. my legs hurt a lot too. brain mri normal. now i wake up feeling so weak and sick. and so stinking tired i can barely function. i keep thinking they are missing something and i am dying. anyone else feel like this?

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am 49 and started peri at 41, symptoms comes and goes, I get the dizziness, sudden tiredness like I'm going to pass out, and most of the other symptoms, I've seen doctors and spend loads on medical tests, all to come out clear. I'm taking my symptoms as it's comes and reminds myself it's the menopause and I'm Not so worried anymore. My boyfriend is also very supportive to my constant ailments, which has helped me a lot to come to terms with what I'm going thru..

• Posted

At the end of the day you've had all checked! 😆 I'm doing it now.

And thank you for sharing your stories girls.

Would be nice to be in my 20th!

• Posted

Hi, I''m 53 and have seen my GP this year due to the dreadful symptoms of peri - at the time it was anxiety , fatigue , brain fog and an awful 'jittery ' sort of feeling. I started on Femoston HRT , the lowest dose. Initially I felt much better , then I started the Progesterone part of the tablets and went back to square one ! To cut an epic story down, I am now 9 months down the line. I'm sure I'm Progesterone intolerant (I also had major PMT in my younger days) , and I have decided to stop the HRT. In desperation in July I started to take B6 (200mg) , Magnesium (350mg) and Starflower Oil (1000mg). I already have B12 injections.

I think these supplements have been my saviour and the HRT in my case has made symptoms worse, swooping all of the above for raging PMT symptoms , nausea and crippling joint pain.

Relief didn't come overnight, but I now have more energy ( not needing to lie down at every opportunity) , don't have the extreme uncharacteristic anxiety/doom and gloom feelings etc.

I'm not saying that I don't sometimes get some symptoms ( I can relate to the balance thing too!), but when you have 90% relief , you are in a much better frame of mind to cope with them.

I hope you find your personal solution. If you go down the supplements route, take a decent safe dose and give it time to work.

Good luck and take care x

• Posted

Hi. I'm 49 and my perimenopause symptoms started mid last year. I naively thought my transition would be sloow and progressive, but nooo. The body aches asssuming it was the flu, the insomnia, dry mouth, hot flushes, dry skin, brain fog all came thick and fast. My regular cycle, gone awol, no period for 3 months then prescribed provera because I'm still menstruating 6 weeks later. Oh dear. 

I thought I had a pretty high pain threshold, because I thought perimenopause would be all about a certain level of discomfort. But noo. For me it's been the seemingly randomness of the why this/that or the other is happening.  The psychological effects this 'womanly event' has had on me as an otherwise strong-confident  'being' has been signifcant. But I continue to find renewed strength is sharing our collective journeys.  Thank you ladies

• Posted

I go through all of this kim and when i get the chance i can sleep 2/3 hours a day even after sleeping at night. my legs feel like lead weights and thats on top of me suffering with broken vertebrae some mornings i have a migraine type headache with the nausea for a couple of hours oh and the brain fog it is getting so embarrassing my mind goes blank when im in the middle of a conversation, so no you are not dying my love just the same as us ladies through the peri/menopause  
    • Posted

My legs hurt all the time too, and my inner knee hurts on/off. Thought I did something or over-exerted myself. I dont exercise that much that they would hurt. Feeling like lead is a true description. I feel like and old woman some days when getting out of bed, or when I sit too long and get up, legs are stiff and wobble a bit til I get going. Like an old lady.

I started taking some glucosamine tablets, but haven't noticed much difference. These achy legs and knees just suck.

• Posted

ditto same as hun sometimes i feel like my legs are made of iron have you tried calcium and magnesium ? 
  • Posted

Hi Kim your not dying just hormones torturing us I know how you feel I had some of those symptoms too,it's all normal to feel this way and it does get better with time....just do what is best for yourself and hang on there hugs.

• Posted

I am So sorry your feeling this way. I have the exact same thing and this site keeps me sane. I have that achey leg pain..mainly at night..and that off balance thing now and then..really dislike it all. I tried castor oil rubbing on lower back and legs before bed and this does help. I have changed my diet and taking fish oil, calcium, mag., and started this month on Seed Cycling..going to try anything and everything to help my body. My mom said she went thru nothing...How is that possible?? Its like nobody has what I have except on this site...or maybe women just don't talk about it?? Mine started about 4 years ago..I am 46.

• Posted

you know i think our moms didnt talk to each other about this when they went through it. Im 46. My mom is 66. She stopped bleeding at age 50. But she doesnt seem to remember having the dame symptoms as me, what im going through. Thank God for this site!! I Googled for a forum to see if I am crazy or if what I am experiencing is completely normal. It seems Im normal and just as miserable as some of you. Too be honest... I have those moments where I feel like Im going to die too. This morning I woke feeling dizzy and I hadnt even sat up in bed yet. Body aches. Slept all night but im still tired.
    • Posted

I haven't slept good in a year. And when I do sleep I wake up exhausted. I hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel soon.

• Posted

I feel the same. I went to the GP thinking I 've

Got Cancer somewhere 😢being healthy and then feeling all my body. It's being like that looking back from May. Very difficult in the middle really unwell, used to be tired by now, can't sleep, feel every part of my body, noise in my ears comes and goes, little pink discharge on the day 14-15. Just name it!

Hope you'll be better soon.

• Posted

I too felt like that my first year of Perimenopause ! It was horrible feeling. Dizziness and tired all the time! I'm end of 2nd year peri!

• Posted

Welcome to Vertigo. This nice little symtom started Jan 2015. Hit me hard for several months. Appears when I start ovulation. My doctor said it was another symptom. It had gotten bad for several months then eased up. Now it comes and goes. Thank the Lord I do not that little gem every month. It is the worse. 
    • Posted

its horrible. mine hits me when i am in stores or anywhere out of house the most. its been 8 long months. im waiting for it to go away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.