Please tell me what a panic attack feels like. I'm so scared it's something serious

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can you please tell me your experiences with panic attacks. I don't know if what I'm feeling are panic attacks and I'm so scared it's some serious disease. Is it possible to have them more then once a day and your whole body feel weak? Please help I can't cope I feel like I'm dying sad

2 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Also when it happens I don't hyperventilate like some people refer to it. Like to look at me no one would know I was having one. Is this normal? I just feel very weak like I'm going to collapse and I don't feel normal at all. I feel hot and shaky internally amd then I get cold
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi yes sound like anxiety or panic attack the first few times I had a panic attack my heart was racing and I had to really concentrate on breathing but other times I just have this sudden feeling of dread and I get sweaty hands and feel like I'm going to pass out but my breathing and heart rate is normal. Try to distract yourselves when this happens carry on with what your doing talk to someone and know that it won't last forever the feeling will pass. This can happen to me a few times a day x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It's like pure fear. You're scared, your mind races, your chest pounds, you feel faint, and everything else.

These are common, and you can beat this.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Does your whole body feel weak when this happens and you don't feel like yourself? I feel scared and to be honest i can't even tell if my heart is pounding or not I'm so focused on being scared from how I feel. I get into a daze like I cant talk to anyone or concentrate on anything else. It's so scary. I have had anxiety since I was 18 but never attacks like this until 5 months ago. I didn't know what was happening. It was to the point I wouldn't leave the house bc I was too scared it would happen. It happened at the mall and the grocery store before and I had to sit down for like 10 or 15 mins bc I felt so weak.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

What about burning sensations are they normal? I'm so scaredsad when I get them it kind of feels to me like when you dont eat and your so hungry you feel weak and faint like. Is this how it can be described? I was having what I thought are panic attacks for the last 5 months they were really bad like 3 a day if that's normal and then I didn't have any since before Xmas up until a few days agosad is this how they usually happen?
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up