Please write for everyone what has worked for anxiety and panic attacks. Medication, techniques, and

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have a really bad anxiety and panic attack disorder and what I did for few days was yoga, meditation and exposure therapy off course that hurt alot and my panic attacks got me awake shivering and ended up in hospital

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

tai chi is very good for anxiety and breathing excises and mindfullness , afermations such as i am calm keep repeating this also tell your self ur awesome each day hope thats of some help 

julie

• Posted

Jullie thanks for that and ive given u a warm heart vote smile Thank you I need all the help
  • Posted

Walking for a little while every day, a chat and cuppa with friends, making sure you sleep
  • Posted

#Thank you Trace heart for you too smile#
    • Posted

Ah thanks... You're welcome! Deep breathing too... In for a count of 4 through your nose and out for a count of 8 through your mouth.... Several times a day! Gets your breathing pattern back on track
  • Posted

I find that heavy exercise works for me because afterwards the body releases endorphins, in addition the next day I need rest, I can feel the previous days work, and I know my muscles are repairing.

My approach may not be for everyone, but when you exercise, not just mildly, but heavy, your body expels lots of energy, and for me that cancels out any time for anxiety.

• Posted

Thanks Tikker Bud, What else would you say?? Have you ever tried exposture anxitey so facing your fears or this feeling which I really hate! have you ever faced it to the full? Im planing to face it it really hurts the brain though
    • Posted

Facing, or accepting your fear is the key to recovery, remember it's you that is bluffing your body. The fear cycle can be controlled by realizing you can walk away from it, the same way you walked towards it.

Everyone has their own way to cope, you will find yours, this fear thing cannot really harm you, it's conditioning which can be altered. Stay positive.

• Posted

Hey Tim  what helped me over come panic attacks was hypnosis it's on youtube it's called stop panic and anxiety hypnosis cd by thomas hall worked wonders for me and for the other things the symptoms I don't worry about any more coz it's apart of anxiety every 1 goes through it at some point in their life every 1 has it but most people can switch it off  accepting you have it helps to if u go to Dr's all time for reassurance and nothing is wrong put it down to anxiety I now know what the differences are I know when I get a headache it might be because I need to were my glasses or I'm stressed will be 1 of them need to know what is what take it easy  ever need anything pm me 👍👍
  • Posted

Heart for you Paul, Thank you I am making notes of what everyone is recommanding me, I will be trying them. I want to get back to normal work life and we know work life is stressing where we cant just to mangment oh give me a moment im going for a deep breathing session. I need more help sad
    • Posted

Aye i get what u mean it's a bit odd anxiety take over your life but it's like a defence mechanism fight or flight ever herd of that , why don't you try therapy I'm on a therapy cause now and it's made me understand a lot about anxiety how it works u want to jot down what makes u anxious and try to avoid it for instance don't drink coffee that speeds your heart up making u think all sorts of things. Like some people avoided watching things on TV like the news because they think it might happen to them anything u can think of that will make u tick avoid it 
    • Posted

Paul, CBT is really helping me...the therapist explained the fight or flight thing on week one and right away it helped
    • Posted

im very glad for you Paul, im hope u get better more but if the body response is like normal than why isnt everybody isnt having panic attacks We need medication that balances it becuase we could do with that the country would have much more population in work and productive
    • Posted

It does don't it its adrenaline that rushes through your body that's when the panic begins ill give a example Usain bolt when he is in front of all them people he is anxious then he has a rush of adrenaline runs like a built to work it off then he's okay then we don't we curl up in a ball waiting on it to go fight or flight summed up lol
    • Posted

I have gone through this solo no medication at all just therapy and the help for these nice people on this site 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.