Pleasse someone help me, panic attacks.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'll keep this as short as possible. I've always been sensitive to caffeine and energy drinks. A few times when I drank too much caffeine I've gotten what I guess are panic attacks. Thought I was having a heart attack. The thing is that it wears off and I sleep and the next day im totally fine. And I knew that it was the caffeine doing this. Out of no where Wednesday night I had one of these panic attacks.it was a pretty bad one. I was so confused becusse I hadn't had any stimulants. I made it and went to sleep thinking tomorrow would be fine. That mourning I got another one. I took a shower got dressed for work and tried to work through it. It only got worse. I was carpooling into the city with my mom and I told her we have to to the ER. My Hr was at 90. It's usually 40s. I had all these test and they all came back fine. No enlarged heart , skipping beats. Or anything. This was a relief. I asked the doctor for something becusse I feel like a prisoner in my own body. He gave me 20 1 mg Ativan. I felt another one coming on that night and I took one and and it settled me down. Now this mourning I felt another one coming on and I took on and all is pretty ok. I can't live like this though. I believe now that my brain understands I can have these panic and heart palpitations with no drugs involved, just normally , my anxiety will give them to me all day. I'm in constant fear. What could of happened. I just wanna go back to being normal ig give my life savings for it. I can't live like this. Please help me.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This is normal, you have to learn to deal with them and supress them. There is no way to guarantee that they will just stop forever.

If you need help, post on this forum or send me a PM.

• Posted

Please. You can post it here. I don't think I'll be able to work or hold a relationship like this. When I talk the drugs I get better but total tired. I feel like this is a bad dream
    • Posted

You're still new to this, eventually, you will learn to manage it, but you cant rush this.
  • Posted

Those us with panic attacks tend to "overthink" We start the "what if " thinking and get caught up in loops of this thinking, basically like a broken record.  But we can manage this.  By learning to think differently, basically self talk.  You can teach your self by studying CBT, or refer yourself to counseling. You anxiety could possibly caffiene induced anxiety.  I highly recommend cutting out any and all caffiene.  I had to do it, and my anxiety has been alot better.  Wish you the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.