Plot twist to panic and anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

i read a lot in all areas trying to figure out how to deal with anxiety from a different angle.years ago i did read about alternative avenues of thought. Its different and not science but very interesting. Its called an empath. There are actual courses about it and it takes you down a whole different train of thought and understanding. Anyone else ever read about this as an alternative view. Its worth the read. If its true we are more evolved actually and way more sensitive to the energy around us and in us. Native americans are very big on this theory and i thought i put it out therr for those who want to research it in the internet themselves. It would make us empaths. Makes sense in many ways because personally i tend to get symptoms when people tell me them or friends have them or when i read about them.and oh boy when someone is sick does that effect me. Its annoying but this empath stuff does make sense. Worth the read.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Lisa,

I've spoken to a few people who have looked down this avenue. It follows a similar tangent to Reiki sharing. Personally, I now like to go down the opposite route and use Mindfulness, but only when my anxiety is at a manageable level. I'm sure you know how much anxiety can snowball.

I will give the empath stuff a read. Thanks for the heads up.

• Posted

I love mindfulness! I think thats saved me so many times. The empath stuff is more of an explanation of severe anxiety and who is more prone. It is interesting. I read some book of storms or something like that..but every now and then i think about it.
  • Posted

as most people with anxiety do it seems you're looking for an answer where you're only going to find more questions. you dont need to do all this research into things that in 2 months will mean absolutely nothing to you.
    • Posted

At best its a good sidetrack. Just found it interesting. I read an article fom some native american tribal thing of some guy who got help from them and he said once he understood it and they worked with him it went away. Otherwise yes i get what you are saying.
  • Posted

I have recently discovered this avenue and am researching it.  It makes sense to me.  I have a tendency to take on the emotions and physical symptoms of people that I spend a lot of time with or am very close to.  I have had to break off almost all very close relationships that were dragging me down with thier problems and illnesses.  I had a coworker that I had become quite close to.  We could come to work and would have the same feelings or symptoms.  We did not discuss it until it become sort of weird that it happened so frequently.  Sometimes I would mention something and she would say she felt that way, and sometimes it was the other way around.  I eventually detached from our friendship because it was making me too sick all the time.  I recently broke off a long term friendship for the same reason.  It didn't seem to affect her, but I became so full of anxiety and mental anguish from listening and witnessing her personal problems that I had to seek help from a psychiatrist.  I cut off our friendship and that combined with the meds I have just now started feeling better.  I deeply regret losing the frienship, but it was literally killing me.  I have had many tests over the past few years to figure out why I had certain illnesses that made no sense, without any resolution.  This empath stuff is worth researching.  After I thought that this was worth looking into, I started some of the mindfulness that some speak of.  Daily affirmations to surround myself with light and goodness and not take on the feelings and illnesses of others.  I haven't done it long enough to remember to do it when surrounded by stress or anxious situations automaticallly, but things are getting better.  And I can now see the people around me getting all "wound up" like I used to do over stressful situations.  It really makes me think about all the years that I have spent being so tied up in all the stress and anxiety related to everyday living as well as the PTSD and things of the past that I cannot change.  For anyone considering it, don't just brush it off.  If you have EVER had sympathetic pain or symptoms of close family or friends, this might be what you are experiencing.  I am definitely going to research it further and ask my therapist about it.  
    • Posted

I have read about it on and off through the years.we are with out a doubt sensitive people and i would bet every person with panic disorders, high anxiety persons  can absorb other peoples feelings or energy. I have an issue with animals as well, i get deeply hurt when i see animal abuse posts. Worse im pretty sure we absorb their ailment symptoms as well. Fact when looking up symptoms on the net,We are made up of energy, that is a scientific fact. Healing mediations are great as well. There is some course on it online to really understand it, and then there are mediations and coping techniques to calm yourself down and disconnect from absorbing other peoples energy. It is interesting and it does make sense. It just explains stuff that doesnt make sense. Theres a thing on raising vibrations levels as well. Thats very interesting. There is just do much out here then the standard  heres an anxiety pill and go away theory that the mainstream doctors seem to provide. My mind is open and i research anxiety from every angle. You know when something feels calming to you and you know when something feels right. Each oerson has to learn and research what works for them. Theres no right or wrong. This  theory actually began with the native american indians by the way. They encompass everything from all angles of the universe and mind.they feel its the body as whole with the mind and soul. We tend to seperate everything into little pieces. That seperation can not be correct.science doesnt have a clear answer and they tend to limit ailments to one specific body part without other body symptoms, or mental status. The body is a whole and doctors must recogniz that. Science is finally acknowledging even dosages of medicines need to be adjusted per person and their metabolism. ..But learning to disconnect the energies is important. No matter if belive in it or dismiss it no one can deny the fact that all of us tend to absorb negative energies around us and within us easily. So no harm at all in learning ways to squash that. No doubt as you take the course, or read further it will lead you to new understandings and new mediations. In the end it is all about learning and being able to calm the body and mind and be healthy and happy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.