Pls help! Those who did external hemorrhoid surgery

Posted , 11 users are following.

have 3 external lumps on anus, doctor to say either live with it or operation.

However i have been hearing horror stories. Even doctor said that it will be an "open wound" which will be painful and also there might be scars from the healing of the. Wound!

Anyway did such operation and how does it look post operation?? Why wouldnt it look just like "normal" after?

Thank you!!!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Not sure if this does help you but.... had trouble for 20 years had injections, creams and bandings then last Nov my surgeon said no more live with it or have an haemorroidectomy. I said ok and all he then said to me was you will be fine. It will be worse before it gets better, but give it two weeks after the op and you' ll be fine I had grade 4 piles one very large one external WELL .. not really knowing what to expect... did not check on the internet beforehand,, but so grateful for the help and advise also encouragement afterwards from this site. On 23rd Dec it will be 4. Weeks. So now I am 99 %. Back to normal. Still looked like a very tiny pile extending from my anus, but this is almost invisible so will check this out when Igo for my checkup after Xmas. The whole area looks like a baby's bum all neat and tidy anazing!!! If you want any further discussion or help please email to me and I will support you . I have passed my 50 th birthday. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi june. It is now 10days post op, the pain is barable for the past couple off days but an i mean but having a bm is so painful after and lasts for a couple off hours after. Please tell me this wont last forever everytime i have a bm. I still am in that frame off mind of why did i have this done. I still have a little swellen still but is looking as you say neat im hoping it will shrink right back.

Glad its all gone well for you

• Posted

Hi Marina .. well my first week I thought I must be an idiot to put myself through so much pain and I was running to the loo up to 10 times per day.. not producing much stool but hell did it hurt 😭 I even cried out with it . My only consolation was my bubble bath but I did not make it too soapy just in case this caused an irritation . So I gingerly tried to pat my sore butt dry and my husband said why don' t you cover ur sore bum hole in a lump of Vaseline. SALVATION. This truly helped and I used pantie liners to prevent grease marks on my clothes. 11 days I halved the pain killers and at just over 2 weeks I stopped them altogether. Still had some pain but thought hell I can cope with this and stuff the pills.I still take 1/4 packet movicol per night which equates to 1 teaspoon in half a glass of water. I did eat my usual diet which is very high fibre. Still get a bit tired at the end of the day.But no longer scared of having a BM. Any other questions I am here for u any time, I promise it will get better. A lot of people take a lot longer hope yours is quick to get back to normal. Cheers and 🍻 beers. June

• Posted

Update. Its been 11weeks since ive had hemmerhoid surgrey. It took at least 8 weeks to heal with 6weeks on antibotics from an infection.

Well im still not back to normal if anything i feel worse off my bm still kill i bleed heavy during and after ive had 6 week pre op check was told i have a small anal fissure was given creams etc. Im due to see surgeon tomorrow again (1.3.17)

I still feel like its very inflamed and feels like i have little hemmerhoids now like they didnt take it all away. Anyone felt this after surgery.

Will update you what they say Tommorrow.

• Posted

I had my procedure done 2 days ago. I found that by using non-stick pads instead of gauze it helped with the problem of removing the gauze because it was fused to the wound. How long did you have to deal with bleeding?
    • Posted

I am now 12 days post op & although im getting better , the BMs are not as painful as before surgery BUT after my BM its a lingering throbbing pain for lasting almost 2 hours! I also feel like my muscle is extremely weak,, please tell me this is normal, im so scared to have to go in

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.