Pls help weird body sensation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi my hearts been racing a tad this evening but was sitting down watching to and all of a sudden it was like my head legs and body had this strange 5 second electric shock/sensation has anyone else suffered from this I'm so bloody scared 😥

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi emma..yes ive had similar,sounds abit like your hyperventilating ,heart flutter or arythmia but v.much doubt the last one.deep breaths and meditation also helps.have you suffered from panic attacks,anxiety etc

Kind regards.ed

• Posted

Hi thanks for response! Yes had a nasty panic attack over a year ago and since then haven't really been the same I'm so scared something is wrong with me always have pains down left side and fast heartbeat now on meds for the heartrate but that sensation was so scary.I can't really describe it. It was like a huge woosh over my body head and legs
    • Posted

Ok emma ,no worries..can i ask

Are you over weight

Have high blood pressure

Sleep apnea form of insomnia

How old are you

Hypertension

Any history of heart problems as in atrial fibrillation which is basicall yr heart receiving wrong electrical signals etc

Do you exercise and get regular free floating time to relax etc. believe me i know what you are goin through smtimes its

• Posted

It can be pyschsomatic as in your mind or internal conflict..look up kute blackson,utube on stress,worry low self esteem etc..i share his outlook and work in personal health etc..regards ed
    • Posted

My response was being moderated for some reason but basically I need to ask you some questions how old are you have you had hypertension hi blood pressure sleep apnea, any record of heart disease or atrial fibrillation in your familly etc.are you over weight etc.the electrical signals to your heart could be sending wrong but v.unlikely.have you had a ecg.i had similar,had ecg and was cleared,healthy etc .
    • Posted

Had full bloods all normal bp all normal and ecg all normal no problems relating to heart in family.
  • Posted

Hi Emma

Yesterday morning i woke up after 7 and my I felt my heart racing yesterday morning then after i took my meds i started having diarrhea 

Then yestersay evening i went to the E.R and my heart rate was at a 123 and my blood pressure was at a 160/90 so it was high and all they did was give me a shot of ativan 

Now the other day my boyfriend was at a doctors appointment at a different hospital in the clinic there he passed out and they said his blood pressure and heart rate was high and they kept him and did some test on him and the hospital I went to did not keep me all they did was give me a shot of ativan and sent me home and today I am sluggish tired they gave me ambiem to help me sleep but I have nopt been myself and my case managers want me to do this from home instead of the hospital and its hard to when i am in menopause, and i have trouble sleeping and the melatnin i was taking caused me depression to where I was crying and having stomach issues 

I am scared of doing the 1/2 of ambiem because of my blood pressure and heart rate and my depression and anxieties 

I just wish i could talk to someone but they won't put you in the hospital if you are not suicidal and if you are not going to harm anyone. My boyfriend did agree that they should have put me in to monitor my heart rate last night because 123 is high 

• Posted

My heart rate used to be quite high but I was put on proprananol twice a day it's ever so good as it lowers your heart rate X hope you feel better soon
  • Posted

I get this the whole time... I wondered what it was and went to the gp and she didn't seem to sound worried... Sent me to a&e and everything came back normal. Had a chest X ray bloods and an ecg .. I wonder is it all down to anxiety because it still happens from time to time.. it's almost as if I'm falling asleep and that thing happens where you jolt awake.. except I'm not asleep?? It's all so very odd but I'm actually glad to hear someone else gets it as I thought I was alone in it
    • Posted

Oh my goodness that's how I feel it's almost like it goes from head to toe my whole body just feels so strange like its stepped out of me and I feel all fuzzy can't explain it only lasts a few seconds but such a strange feeling! Hope you feel better Hun x
  • Posted

Absolutely. I think its textbook panic attack symptom too. Very disturbing but it is anxiety rushing thru your body. At night i have experienced this. Keep very well hydrated it does help.
    • Posted

Yeah it's more so as you're trying to relax.. it's like your body is reminding u that the anxiety has not gone away.. I get it more so in work than any other time.. been off for a over a week for Christmas and didn't have it happen once, first day back today and boom.. the minute I went in it was happening

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.