Pls Kim1226 is this herpes ?

Edited , 2 users are following.

Kim, thanks for all that you do for this community. I've been getting this random paper imagecut in my perineum area and sometimes it itches. I've had 3 herpes blood tests in the last 9 months, all negative. I went to my obgyn and she said it might be herpes or BV and took a swab. Now I'm freaking out.. i trust your judgment pls help. She also prescribed an anti-fungal cream which i've used for 3 days now and the cut is almost healed but I'm still worried that she said herpes... also i havent had sex since August 2019 and always used condoms. my partner at the time was also tested for STD's all negative.

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

if u have had 3 tests i cant see it being herpes mabe ask them if they will swab the area instead see if that gives a different result

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

yea she took a swab and now i have to wait 2 weeks for results... does it look like or sound like herpes? would an anti fungal cream heal a herpes outbreak?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

thank you.. I have tinea on the soles of my feet which was diagnosed and treated by a dermatologist... I also have sensitive, dry skin, history of flaky scalp and i'm prone to small rashes on my neck and back. I'm trying hard to chalk this up to my skin dry skin but i've read too many horror stories of false negatives and now i'm an anxious mess. /:

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

My swab results came back negative for HSV1 & 2 and nrgative for BV. I'm literally crying.. The fungal cream worked on the fissure. I will chalk this up to a fungal infection. I'm leaving my post up to help others in the future. Good luck everyone and pls lets all put our sexual health first!

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up