plz help me

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive been too several doctors and they say I suffer from grief and anxiety. Well it has been going on for 2 months and dyeing is always on my mind or something is very wrong. I feel sometimes like I get a ele tric shock from my chest to head and it take my breath for a split second. Also I get this wierd feelings in my abdomen and chest area (under pecks) not really pain but it scares me iys so wierd anf my stomach growls and rumbles all day long so bad it goes to my chest. Plz someone tell me this is nothing major. Im only 22 and yes I do smoke ciggerettes and im a little over weight

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cody! 

The feelings you describe sound very much like anxiety. The worries about dying are understandable because of your recent loss. 

Take care. 

• Posted

Hi codyray, 

Don't worry you are fine, I get that too - and although it is scary and hard to believe it is the anxiety.. 

Try and stay calm, and try not to fixate on the symptoms. Have a look through all the physical symptoms that anxiety can create, I hope it comforts you that you aren't dying. 

I am the same, don't worry you are normal :-)

• Posted

I have those exact same symptoms! I used to worry about it, and that I was dying but I learned it was anxiety. It is like a placebo effect if you worry about it constantly, it will happen. The mind is so powerful. I am only 20 and I suffer really bad from the exact same thing. Don't worry too much, try to notice a pattern and reassure yourself. You could also have GERD like me, that happens with my stomach. You're okay, I promise! Instead of being scared, just tell yourself it will happen, you've made it this long you know you will be okay. smile all of us experience it too, keep posting if you need tosmile
  • Posted

I've been going thru the same thing for the past 2 months too!! I've also gotten quick little muscle spasms here and there, my neck will get tense and get a headache sometimes, weird foggy feeling in the head, tight chest ( feels like I'm not breathing right), lost a lot of weight I'm trying hard to gain back and weird pains/squeezing feeling in my arms. They've done a lot of testing and say its depression/anxiety/health anxiety....is all this normal too? I'm on Citalopram, it will be 3 weeks on Thursday on 20 mg...also on Propanolol 10mg 2X daily. I get the gurgle rumbly stomach too and some stomach pain off and on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.