Plz help me!!STD: Herpes, warts or other? After unprotected sex

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all! I’ve had unprotective sex with a new sexual partner a week ago and three days after that I woke up in the mid of the night with extreme vaginal itching.  The itching has been going on and off for three days and I suspect that my vagina is growing some bumps/blisters. I’ve had two doses of HPV vaccine, not yet to get my final one. And I just got my iud two months ago so I’ve been spotting on and off.

I’m really scared and I don’t know what I have right now. I’ll try to attach pictures of my V and hope y’all can help me.  Please please I’ll be so grateful

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Rebecca, I am 66 years old and have had hormonial issues off and on since a complete hysterectomy years ago. However, this latest takes the cake. Hubby and I are no longer sexually active. I had annoying, painful and extreme itching from December 2017 until around April 2018. My onset was a colonoscopy with hemmoroid surgery (horrible experience) Like many others, dr visits different creams, steroids  (which often made worse), poor diagnosis of herpes 2 and no vaginal infections etc. The one ointment that gave relief was Prescription “Lidocaine” for pain.  

So, after reading all others like symptoms and many trials, I went on a mission. I QUIT washing white undies in bleach, I STOPPED putting fabric sheets and liquid softeners in all undies, wash cloths and hand towels used for bottom cleansing. I bathed bottom gently w/warm water compress cloths only for about two months. Refrain from itching, wear loose clothes and air out whenever possible. Being gentle is hard because you feel dirty and grose and want to clean, clean, clean. I too have lower back disc pain issues and made a couple of appointments with the chiropractor for adjustments. 

I can’t tell what helped most but gradually began to notice relief more and more each day. I still use the numbing ointment at least once daily or when I feel symptoms returning. 

The best news was that many women were experiencing miserable symptoms but nobody was diagnosed with cancer or diseases. I still am not perfect but I am not in my 20s or 30s anymore either.

I hope this helps someone out there, but try not to stress about your dilemma because that too makes symptoms worse. Anxious to hear from those that any of this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.