plz read!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

4 Months ago I was diagnose with depression and anxiety. Sometimes i will be fine then its like my heart does one strong beat and I feel it everywhere and it scares me. Is this norm al. I need feed backvplz

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Ialso experience this.  I believe it's part of just being anxious.  I can be fine and it I'm frightened easily, I feellike somehting is running through my body..I will sweat and feelvery outof sorts.  The simpliest of things can cause it.  I don't like to be scared and played jokes on cause, I can feel that rush through my body and I just can't handle it.  So I know exactly what your talking about. I'm goign to see my PCP in July and ask for a stress test amongst other tests she may feel I need to figure out what is going on..but my personal advice is to pray and stray away from negative things or people..it helps me keep that feeling away as much as possible.  Let skeep in touch..take care..
  • Posted

Yes I get this too. I also get sometimes a sudden dizzy spell and,it,feels,like,I'm,staring into,space for,a,minute 
    • Posted

No ure,not during. Talk to,your gp and discuss ure symptoms and how to manage ure anxiety, it's easy to,focus on health with anxiety, but,it's important to just talk about it.  Don't worry, but proper anxiety management is important 
    • Posted

Ok thanks man. I just dont want that heart jump again lol
    • Posted

U may get it, and the more u wait for it, it'll happen all the more. I do it to myself all the time
  • Posted

Extra heart beats (if this is what you have) can be a symptom of premature ventricular contractions, very common,  but you need a cardio doctor  to confirm this, it is a benign condition for most, but can be frightening and lead to panic attacks/anxiety.  I was prescribed a beta blocker to suppress these and they have worked 100% for many years.
    • Posted

The issue is every symptom could,potentially be something else. It all has to be looked at in,context and with other symptoms in mind. A doctor will not,order tests for someone with anxiety who has no other symptoms which suggest something is wrong. Which is how it should be.,otherwise we would all be being tested every day 

• Posted

I have suffered with ectopic beats, they are absolutely awful. 

I have read so many forums where there seems to be a connection between the stomach and an increase of these beats.  Doctors do not think there is a connection however, many people experiencing the same cannot be wrong.

I also read how after taking indegestion remedies, like gaviscon for example, the extra beats almost completely went or entirely disappeared.  May be worth a try.  I have regularly felt sick and gassy since suffering from anxiety.  I purchased some gaviscon, it takes away my sick feeling and I have hardly noticed any flutters, funny beats etc...x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.