PLZ someone tell me it gets better on citalopram

Posted , 4 users are following.

Iv been on citalopram for a week now and the first 3 days were ok i felt really calm, now i feel spaced out through the day and have terrible anxiety, my heart is beating so fast. I am having anxious thoughts, jittery and more intrusive thoughts than iv ever had. I was on sertraline previously for 9 months but it wasnt helping. Im crying every day as i just want to feel normal again. I cant seem to concentrate on anything. I feel like theres no hope and nothing is going to help me anymore.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna,

you need to calm down. is there anyone that you can talk to? have family freinds etc?

• Posted

I saw one of my friends earlier for a couple of hours and felt ok for a little while. And then it just hits me again. im trying to keep it together so my children dont see me like this. Iv never had anxiety like this before. Not sure if its normal starting citalopram.
    • Posted

have you talked to your partner? you must tell him? how long have you had anxiety for?
    • Posted

I have had anxiety for years on and off but has only increased since starting citalopram. I am not sure if this is normal to start with changing medications. hoping it settles down.
  • Posted

I feel your pain Donna. We all just want to know when it's going to stop it's a terrible disease I'm sitting here right now can't feel the right side of my face all I was doing was playing with my puppy and I started feeling the anxiety out of nowhere. I was in the military and let me tell you living with this every day is harder then anything I've ever done a lot of times I don't even find myself doing what I enjoy anymore I feel like I can't go to the gym or play baseball anymore cause of this then I'm cooped up in the house and that just makes me more anxious. I'd do anything to make this go away and I'm so sorry that you have to go through it as well. I've done a lot of research and have knowledge about this disease. What happens is we have what's called free calcium in our bodies when we begin to panic the free calcium is released out of our bodies as well as serotonin from the brain. The reason I can't feel my face is because my body is not producing enough free calcium anymore because all I do is panic everyday. You are not alone just remember that and nothing can ever happen from a panic attack you will beat this

• Posted

Hi donna i know your pain 3 days is early days i hear things get worse before they get better hang in there i have just started on zoloft 25mg now 3weeks into it and increased to 50mg still feel like crap but hopeing to reach the light at the end of the tunnel
  • Posted

Hi Donna,

I have been on citalopram for 7 months now and it makes me feel so much better so im sure it will help you too! The first 10 days was the worse my anxiety and everything got worse and then after 10 days i started to feel back to just ok and then i gradually started to feel much better. Just keep trying to stick with it if you can although i know its hard. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.