Polpy removal

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, i probably asked this last year , but my op was cancelled then. Has anyone had a polyp removed under general with a hysteroscopy? I'm due to have mine done but dreading it 😕 If you have did you get much bleeding afterwards? How long did it take to recover ? I seem to be paranoid now about bleeding

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Just curious, are you getting a hysterectomy because of a polyp.?  A friend of mine is having a polyp removed without a hysterectomy and can be done in doctors office.

• Posted

In not having a hysterectomy it's a hysteroscopy. A camera they put in . I've had one of them at the hospital before without any anaesthetic but they won't do the polyp removal without a general

• Posted

Oh sorry, I read too fast!  My friend is getting this done.  She has been told she has a polyp, but has been waiting 6 months to see a gynocologist.  Just curious, do you have a lot of issues because of the polyp?  She gets terrible pains during her period and is assuming it is because of the polyp.
    • Posted

I dont get much pain , main reason for going initially was heavy bleeding . They did scans smear and hysteroscopy to rule everything else out and found this polyp . They said it could contribute to the bleeding
  • Posted

Hiya

I had a polyp/fibroid removal during Hysteroscopy a year ago.  I don't like general anaesthetic so I persuaded them to give me a spinal block.  you are awake and need some hours in hospital just for the block to wear off.

I didn't feel a thing and was discussing it all with the doctors whilst watching the screen!

There was minimal bleeding bit like the end of a period for a couple of days.  No pain at all.

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks I've asked if they would go it any other way and they said no

• Posted

I have polyps too. They will not remove them except with a general. I chose not to have them removed; just going to watch them. I believe I've had them for years and the gyn said I probably did. I always had pain and bleeding problems before menopause. Went on the pill to help control it at the time.

If they start causing problems I'll probably opt for a hysterectomy. Not sure though. If they could remove them without putting you under, I would reconsider.

• Posted

I keep bleeding and are already in tablets so that think it could be that. He dwas d say although a previous biopsy was fine they can turn during menopause . He won't do them without a general 😕

• Posted

Hi..I gad a large one removed about 8 yrs ago and had an ablation done at the same time .

I had slught cramps after and minimal bleeding which lasted barely a week!

• Posted

Consultant had booked me in for an ablation aswell but I want to stay on my tablets instead

Thank you for the reassurance

• Posted

Im so glad I had it done! Hardly ever bleed now..although just started Hrt so will be interesting to see what happens in that dept...sucks being female!!!!
  • Posted

Hi pudds66

?I had a hysteroscopy & a polyp removed March of this year under general , All went fine no pain no blood loss afterwards, I was told to take pain killers & had a pad on afterwards. Honestly as i said i no blood loss no pain, All results came back fine ,

• Posted

Thank you . I think I'm just paranoid something will go wrong , prob just this anxiety caused by menopause!

• Posted

Yes most likely the anxiety as i was ok when i had mine done no anxiety as the HRT was still in my system ... good luck you will be fine ... 

• Posted

hi ,, where is your polip ,, in your uturus or cervix ,,this might not be relavent if you are having a general you will feel nothing ,, maybe little bleed after and some period pain type cramps ,  i have had mine in cervix lazered no anasthetic and have biopsy and polips removed while awake from my uturus bad pain for the biopsy and uturus polip , and a little bleed after  a few days of period type pain ,.., i felt nothing when they lazered polips from cervix and little bleed and pain after no pain releif ,, big hugs you will smash it xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.