Polypss

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi crosado8 have rung hospital today guess what , its the secartry day off, so rang my gp again explained again awaiting results, yes they have a report about procured, only to say all ok, with dd, but nothing regards polpys, so don,nt no what to now, i don,t think all ok with dd, as far as im concerned thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

One good thing no cancer!  The DD is something we are all learning about and how the heck to avoid the infections, are you in an active infection, or is it Diverticula with no infection? Thanks for keeping us posted, don't you feel better to know there is NO cancer! 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, yes none to the colon but have,nt told me about the results of polyps, appartly she said they not though yet only report was colon ok only dd, was on report as if dd is ok i don,t think so, No infection as yet only wind, and bloating, bit of pain in left side,,having 3days good and 4days not so good,im afraid to go out now just in case i get D, eating everything forum has said, i miss my food so much, what do you think am i doing it right? Thank you for your reply
    • Posted

Hi Maureen

What you are experiencing is very common.  It can take several weeks, or even months to settle down.  Your insides need that time to heal (think broken bone and how long that pain can last).  But it does get better with time - honestly.  Many people on this Forum have also reported fear of eating and/or going out.  They keep a food diary to identify trigger foods, eliminate them (it's different for everyone) and amend their eating patterns to include soluble fibre to keep the bowels going.  I have a sachet of Fybogel daily and make lots of soup.  I don't have insoluble fibre like All-Bran, vegetable and fruit skins. 

I personally kept going out, but took a supply of pants, wet wipes and pads, until I settled down and felt more confident.  I also researched the loos in advance!!!  I was determined to live life as normal.  I had 3 flares in quick succession from August 2016, and it took me 10 months to settle.  Now I just get the odd niggle first thing in the morning until I've been to the toilet.

As for the polyps, Someone else on the Forum was told they take years to turn cancerous, so if yours have been removed, and you weren't recalled within a few days, I think you have nothing to worry about.  Best wishes - hope you have a good Christmas, but take care with all the goodies!!!!

• Posted

Hi Felinia, thank you so much for your kind reply,I think it,s a horrible, im keeping a dairy of what ive eaten,and have a bag packed to go out with, just like you, it,s a shame how drs treat us though,mine just shrugged and said not a lot we know about, o well i am 75 ,christmas is going to be a bit of a pain, hope you too have a good time lets hope every one on here the same take care
    • Posted

Hi Maureen

I'm 67 and been dealing with this for over 16 years now.  Perhaps I'm lucky as others seem to suffer far more than I do.  Or perhaps I'm more tolerant of pain, having been born with and always suffered from a back problem.  My doctor asked me if I was a medical person due to my knowledge of my DD but I said, No - just bitter experience!  I just take care not to get too complacent!  All the best.

• Posted

I get the feeling that many doctors feel that diverticular disease is not that serious and when compared to other more sinister conditions, they are right! But it is something we, who have it, have to take seriously as we want to avoid diverticulitis. I personally cannot find any triggers as I eat the same all the time and sometimes have low grade pain and sometimes don’t. You have to try and find out what causes your symptoms as we are all different. 

This forum is so helpful and reassuring. There is nothing better than talking to people who have similar symptoms. 

• Posted

Thank you Alison for your reply, yes your right, but being a very stressed out person due to a bad break down, this dd has really affected me, as ive read on the on the forum stress can set it off, and belive me ive had so much happened in my life, and still getting it, so im sure this has,nt helped me, i am trying, just trying to get positive, trail and error, what does,nt help no one to turn too, as family are not helpful, thanks to this forum, has became my bible once again thank you so much every one on here best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.