pooh bear

Posted , 1 user is following.

Have you stopped the mirt altogether now,I know you had a recent psych appiontment. Thats what my psych told me to do , but after the terrible withdrawels I went to see my gp who told me to reduce it gradually, I am tempted to try every other night with it. Dont really want to still be on it when I go back to see psych in 2 weeks as he is expecting me to be off it.

I have had no problems with halfing the 15mg.

Best Wishes

Danielle

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well Danielle I am still taking the dreaded mirtazapine. My psych must be mad. He wants me to stop it just stop without any tapering period. I have been posting on here for ages about the importance of tapering so I'm not sure what to do. He says I can do it in my own time. I'm curious to know now what will happen and will I make myself ill? Nothing can be worse than last time with all that dreadfiul panic and anxiety. Danielle I hope that you are finally able to withdraw from mirtazapine too. Then we will have to have an ex users group on here? Pooh.
  • Posted

Hi Pooh Bear,

Have you tried to stop your mirtazapine yet?

Im going to give it another go at the weekend, I noticed in one of your other posts that you also have tried seroxat, I have been taking a generic version of paroxetine, I was just wondering what your experience with it was like.

I took seroxat years ago and it worked really well for me, no side effects starting off or coming off it, but I do remember it took a while to taper off it. I have been on it nearly 4 weeks now, I dont feel as depressed, my husband even commented on how nice it was to see me smile again, but I do still have a lot of anxiety throughout the day. Im hoping that when I go back to see the psych he will up the dose, 20mg at the moment, think I was on 40mg last time, and hopefully be off the mirt

From

Danielle

• Posted

I'm off the mirtazapine as of Monday. I was feeling reasonably ok but today I felt weepy when I got up. I have been alright today no real panic. I really would not recommend anybody doing as I have done just stopping it. However I have my psychiatrists blessing. I know that I can ring him at any time and unfortunately go back on it. The main reason for me coming off it is for me to try to lose some of the weight I have put on whilst on it. Also I know he has some other cards to play if I have another severe episode. He has already mentioned risperidone. I was on seroxat years ago. My psychiatrist at the time was trying to wean me off prothiaden but the side effects from the seroxat were too great. I did not enjoy losing my sexual side at the time. She was worried as I seemed to be on both. I didn't like seroxat and would't go on it again. They have a real problem with me because they would need to bring me into hospital to change my meds. My private psychiatric cover has run out so that would mean with a different psychiatrist on an NHS ward. I have only just begun trusting Dr J. Danielle I hope you get on alright with your change of meds. If you do come off mirtazapine stick to your Doctors instructions. Love and hugs Pooh.
  • Posted

Hi Pooh Bear,

Hows it going, you still off the mirtazapine, I tried again, but only lasted 2 nights and the withdrawels kicked in, so going to try every other night from next week.

Best Wishes

Danielle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.