Pooping at wrong time of day with school

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi my name is Tommy and I'm 16 years old,

So currently I have worked out a bit of a system to cope with my IBS. Generally when I go for a poo I can take anywhere from 1-4 hours to fully go. So whenever I need to be ready for something I wake up 4 hours before to ensure I'm ready on time. 

Normally I feel the urge to go from around 4-7am. Normally during weekends and school holidays I would get up at around 10-11am and go then and that would be fine for the rest of the day and I wouldn't need to go the next. Sometimes I would be going out earlier so I would get up at 6am and go then and that would be fine for the rest of the day.

Last year during school I wouldn't go when I got up at 6am and felt the urge to go I would wait until I got home from school at around 4pm and go then. Problem with that was that I was in pain all day. This school year my timetable is more flexible so I can get up later on some days and go before school. For example last Friday I went at 4am and today I went at 6am. Normally during school holidays if I went at this time I would not need to go for the rest of the day however Friday and today when I got home from school I need to go again although I'd already been.

Why is this? It's really annoying as it is taking up a lot of my time so please help me. 

Thanks

Tommy

(Sorry this was a bit long)

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

You seem to have developed a good system to cope with your IBS.  IBS can be very unpredicatable and this may be the reason why you need to go to the loo after school again despite having been already.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I found exams difficult and stressful as well and used to get into an awful state about them even with the subjects I was good at.  IBS and exams are not a good mix!  Make sure you have plenty of fun inbetween to take you mind off school and hopefully your stomach will feel better.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Even before I was diagnosed with IBS I was always ill during exam time and I have taken exams off and on for most of my life. I have recently had a 5 year break but having switched disciplines within my field I am about to start another 4 years worth of exams. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

A levels are fine if you apply yourself. I still remember a Friday afternoons in the pub writing essays. You will be fine I am sure. I did not start having problems until my professionals. In one I had been ill after an exam and normally I need a lie down but in this occasion I had another exam in the afternoon and it was a very hot day so I collapsed in the exam hall and had to be helped out. I got it next time though.  
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I never thought to do that. When I was regularly Ill I was just late rolling into work at midday and rolling to g/f's later too after trying to make time up thus letting her down. 

Sounds like you have a plan. My only plan was surely I can't be ill again and the was but I agree I was often in the bathroom for 3 to 4 hours and it is time consuming. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Try drinking 3 pints of water a day not tap water full of chemicals and eat 2 to 3 banannas a day since i an doing this i am crapping once a day in the morning a huge solid log roll, disovered by accident try it might work for you

no dairy , no eggs, no mayonaise , decide on wheat or yourself .!!!!!!!!!! try a diet of roast chicken boiled chicken and grilled fish for a month eat with rice boiled and the tinyest bit of a curry sauce for flavor and not the red ones full of tomatoes  stay away from tomatoes , its about intruducing foods but cutting out loads at the stard and gradually introducing them as u feel better boring as crap but thats life see what suits and what fecks u up bet you have a good idea already , no fizzy drinks

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sounds a lot like me planning times around fgoing to the loo, the body and the bowel have off days it might just be that.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up