Poor balance feel drunk. just me??? help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I went again today for my weekly Gp check up and I told my doctor that I still felt very drunk. Which is quite uncomfortable to feel when you haven't had any. He told me it was common for people to describe this because their balance has gone. But I said it's more than just the balance it's the whole feeling of being drunk. Ie feeling slightly giddy at times well perhaps you know and I don't have to explain the whole sensation of having too much to drink. He said he had never heard of this before and this rather worried me. When others describe themselves as feeling drunk do you just mean balance or the whole experience. ???? I look forward to hearing from you all

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi i do know and i dont know what you mean as ive never been drunk but the way my attacks made me feel is the way id describe it too. 

Ive had four in all since  midway last year. felt so dizzy and looked like everything was moving to the right no matter what i looked at. got no better for laying down and in the end i threw up severley, especially the last time three weeks ago, thought id never stop vomiting. Had a headache with it too and left me feeling totaly  drained for the next few days. i had go stay in bed the next day.

Doctor said ive got miniers disease. So yes i had the dizziness, being sick and the head ache.

• Posted

All of those are common issues for a vestibular issue.  I would find another doctor that does know about the vestibular system.  Preferably a Neuro-Otologist.  This is what they specialize in.

Go to a site named VEDA.  You can google that word and it will pull up their site.  YUou will find all of the symptoms that you are experiencing there.  If it has been over 3 months since onset, Google PPPD and read the symptoms and anxiety related issues.

• Posted

When I layed down, the room would spin like I had been drinking. I had to use the walls or a counter or something to keep my balance. Its been 5 moths for me and I just started to see an improvement last week. The doctors didn't know so they gave me an antibiotic for an ear infection. A pill for my blood pressure because it was going up every time I went to see the doctor and a pill for dizziness. They said all they could do was try and lets see. I pray all symptoms disappear. For now just glad to be able to walk and drive. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

I know exactly what you mean , been like this since October , they said I had bppv , I still feel so unsteady , now they think I have vestibular dysfunction , my head feels so heavy and I feel like I'm moving all the time , also have a strange feeling in my head , like something moving like I could go into a spin , sometimes I feel like I'm walking on a trampoline , had scans , all ok , I can't seem to get through to my doctor how bad I feel , the ent consultant wants me to see a neurogist now , at the moment I'm doing exsersises to help , but not making much difference , I've been of work ,hoping to get back but not looking good for me 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.