Positive Cit Discussion

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok, day 4 or this. 20mg. No sleep, waking feeling extremely anxioius, no appetite, very, very tired, oh, and very concerned! People are saying this is normal. I am thinking, what the hell have I done?! And it takes 6-8 weeks?? Wished I had asked my doc the right questions (although he should have told me). Wondering if this chemical I have introduced to my body is just toxic or if it is going to work. And to hear all the ups and downs, it works, then it doesn't, then step backs and ok times. Wow, what a pwerful drug to be doing all that to one body. So, I have read all of that and it has stressed me out. I am stressed that I have made this decision right now.

So, I want to read the positives only. The people who have had minimal side effects or side effects that haven't lasted long, and no or minimal ups and downs, etc. Hopefully there are some success stories without the addition of too much negative. I know there are ups and downs with any introduction of medication, but hey, I need so good news. Look forward to reading what you lovely people have to say. Thanks. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Is anyone only a week or less in to Cit? How do you feel?
    • Posted

I am 4 weeks into my increased dose is is definitely a roller coaster but I started at 10mg and increased to 15mg. I bekeive starting on a lower dose and moving up makes the side effects less drastic!!! Hang in there it will get better!!!
    • Posted

Your welcome!! This is a great forum totally has helped me a lot!!! I felt light headed and anxious this week finally today I went walking for 2 miles I feel so much better!!
    • Posted

Yeah, as much as it strained me I took myself out today for a walk. I was so tired and out of breath and my heart racing after. Wasnt good. But the dogs needed to run. Then I went back to bed for 30 minutes. Just so fatigued. Good to hear similar stories or stories that are positive. 
    • Posted

Hi caro16662

I'm nearly at week 4, I'm on 10 mg, and the first 7-10 days were the worst, first 2 days just my normal anxiety, then the next 7 days were heightened anxiety agitation, very tired, sweats electric shock feeling through my body, waking in the mornings extreamly anxious, then like I say after 7-10 days, I have a manageable week and a half, last few days a bit more agitation and anxiety, but not as bad as first week or so, and today not to bad I have anxiety still no appetite but so far it's manageable, - a lot of people have experienced the same as me, you will get through these side effects they will lessen soon xx

• Posted

Keep walking I have to take a nap after I do but eventually it will get better!!
  • Posted

The worst (real worst) will be over after about 2 weeks. Between weeks 3-8 you will have side effects but they will lessen and you will start to see positives. It feels like forever it really does but it will be over.
    • Posted

Thanks for that. I am worried. Some stories i have read people are still feeling crap after 4, 5, 6 weeks! That can't be good for your body of mind. seems unnatural. But seems how it in in another week's time I guess. Thanks again.

• Posted

I know what you mean but it depends what you are taking it for - I started taking it for severe anxiety and panic attacks. I couldn't eat or sleep - I didn't sleep for 4 days straight - to me THAT wasn't good for my body, so moving on to something that might make me carry on feeling crap for a few weeks but eventually better was definitely the right choice. This is my 4th time on citalopram so I knew they would make me feel better and they saved my life. Since the awful side effects I went through I have had two happy, anxiety free years. Wouldn't trade those for anything x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.