Positive Results

Posted , 11 users are following.

I wanted to bring some positive vibes into the Forum.  We all go through so much with our recoveries, but there is always a light at the end hopefully.  I am 4 weeks into my TKR recovery.  Last Friday, my physio discharged me and said just get on with what you're doing because it's definitely working.  That was doing all my exercises and walks every day.  She suggested I buy an exercise bike, which I've seen many of you have and to replace my exercises with that.  So no, I'm doing 5 minutes x 5 times a day and that is really working well.  I'm currently at a bend of 115.  I was having a lot of trouble sleeping at night and with the help of many of you, I've swapped my painkillers for sleeping tablets and that's working so well for me.  This morning, for the first time, I was able to walk up the stairs one after the other, rather than one step at a time.

?I just wanted to give everyone out there hope for their recovery.  It can go perfectly well.  Yes, there are still low times when I feel my knee is an alien being, and yes, it's still stiff and tight most of the time.  But I try and concentrate on the positives.

?Everyone on here is so helpful in their recommendations and I've used the forum many times in my 4 weeks, sometimes just reading what everyone else is going through helps get us through the day.  So, thanks to all of you, and good luck to everyone in their own journeys to recovery.

Denise

3 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi denise09524 yes i also was on heavy depressed trips and ehinking wow what a big nistake at my age now i am 3 weeks p,o on second one and so far all seems the same but less extreme i also come and read ny fellow kneebys comments and as i write it it is comments and not complaints because whar we feel is real pain is like somethinf from mars and tiredness and nobody seems to feel your pain lol the ever depression,after i was given the madhead meds i do not get that sorry i am alive feeling anymore now i nam don quisotte and yes we will be possitive and become normal humans agian lol, i was in a wheelchair then crutches then heart attack and 2nd tkr back to walker and know i walk un aided wow man what a feeling so all you still got to go people know it is hell but not ever ending it get better and then good and new amen just had to say that regards danie 61
    • Posted

hanks Daniel I know exactly where you are coming from.

Take care Best wishes x

• Posted

Yes, we just have to get through it.  Take care Daniel and hope all goes well for you.
    • Posted

Daniel We are here for you and for each other.
  • Posted

I'm so glad all is going well with your rehab Denise....you do sound positive which can be difficult at times for all us tkrs and knee people. Hang in every one!

• Posted

Yay! It's so good to hear positive comments on recovery! You're an inspiration. Hugs

• Posted

Well putting up Christmas decorations went well. Until the evening. Now having pain in my knee. What the heck! I guess this is how it's going.to be now. But I'll keep decorating. Merry Christmas.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.