Positive stories on Citalopram for anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I started taking 10mg of Citalopram yesterday for anxiety but took me a week to get round to wanting to take it. I've read so many negative stories about it that its making my anxiety rocket! Can anyone tell me their positive stories and how long it took to get over side effects?

Thank you! x

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

It didn't suit me but it did my mum we are all different. It didn't suit me after only two pills so u know pretty quick. My doctor favours it over the others but it does depend on ur brain chemistry. Iv heard a lot of good about it working very well. Good luck x 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

10mg is a very low dose carla, so you will be ok. If you take your time tapering up you will be ok, and if you have problems you can always talk to your gp
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That I guess is the problem as most of what you see on here are cry for help when things are bad. Even I have had moments where I am no sure.

I have learnt thou to take my meds and not ttry to preempt symptoms or side effects. Then when or if I have them I can come and share them. Its sort of trying to taking a postive approach and not worry about what ifs until they actual happen.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I try not to read too much into what I do see on here for that reason! 

My issue is I've suffered for so long now and at present its the worst its ever been! Currently waiting for CBT so I think reading people's stories and having them say they feel worse makes me panic purely because I want to go back to the old me!! Vicious circle I think sometimes! 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, a few years ago I started suffering from anxiety and panic attacks, I didn't leave my house for 7 months it was so bad. Eventually I was prescribed 10mg of citalopram and within a couple of days I was out and about! I had no side effects and my life got back to normal, I was on 10mg for a month I think then the doc upped it to 20mg. It was a lifesaver for me!!
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up