Possible Adhesion/scar tissue internal/keloid need help with please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Dear all,

I am in a desperate situation with a possible internal adhesion.

I read about internal scars and pregnant women who had c sections.

It sounded similar in some ways to my own problem.

I did too many sit ups at 19 over a high bench while a bar held my feet in place.

I over stretched my abdomen.

I was a semi professional at sports and although i had strong abdomen i saw the mid line stretched and looked a bit odd.

I felt like the upper abdomen was being pulled upwards to my ribs.

Sorry i cant be more accurate but this is the feeling i had.

I had bruises under my arm pit only lifting shopping home.

If i undid a jam jar lid i became out of breath.

the muscles tightened cramped around my ribs.

I developed reflux for 6 years. I felt food would not go down and stay in my throat.

Doctors did ultra sound and no more. I had no organ damage.

I am now 41. I have never been able to go back to doing sit ups or pull, run much as it seems to not be strong lower stomach and i feel it does not hold my pelvis well in place.

I feel a tugging but there was never really any pain as such. a little clonking feeling at the sides.

Does anyone know what it may be?

I have asked a hospital while abroad about MSCT scans and if they could be the only thing to show an adhesion. Does it sound possible?

Also if one was found, what is the best treatment to prevent it reacurring?

i am worried if it were cut it bleeds and forms a new one. i heard there is a new gel some hospitals are using to stop it regrowing.

Thank you

James

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.