Possible Cancer diagnosis?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So for the last 14 weeks, I have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck. I have been given 3 rounds of different antibiotics, and 2 doses of steroids. It has not gone away. The CT scan showed lymphadopathy in the cevical lymph nodes in my neck. Recently, I had a pet scan from head to thigh, which showed a focal uptake within the uterus measuring a mazimum SUV of 8.3, as well as there is diffusely increased uptake identified throught the bone marrow. 

They are doing a biopsy of the lymph nodes in my neck.

I have not yet gotten to talk to the Dr regarding the PET scan can someone let me know there thoughts.

I have been losing weight, have no appetite, been running fevers, night sweats, and have bone pain. I get frequently sick.

They are concerned of possible lymphoma, but that's all I know right now. 

Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated. 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

A bone marrow biopsy was scheduled, and so was an IR Port appointment, does anyone know what port is?
    • Posted

Hey i have pretty muxh the same symptoms for a year now, how big is the lymph node? And what sort of biopsy are they doing.. how much weight have you lost?
    • Posted

I lost about 30-50 pounds in a short time.

They are doing a lymph node open biopsy in my neck, and then they also scheduled a bone marrow biopsy for two days after.

The lymph nodes in my neck a swollen bilateral, there are two big ones and others are swollen just not as big as those two. My whole neck looks swollen and getting bigger.

• Posted

they didn't tell me size just that looked big and there was multiple bilateral in cervical lymph nodes

• Posted

Oh okay, thats odd did they ultrasound at all? I have one in my right submandibular that is 44x15x10 in dimensions but the dr seems to think it's nothing to worry about..

• Posted

only a ct scan with dye and a pet scan, just the doctors keep saying it looks like it could be lymphoma
    • Posted

I had an ultrasound showing large lymph nodes and than a ct scan showing nothing.. than another ultrasound that still shows lymph enlargement. I hope you get a positive diagnosis and itsnt anything serious
    • Posted

I just wonder if doctor scheduling a port, what's that mean since no biopsys results back as those don't happen til monday and wednesday, only ct and pet scan results back

• Posted

Not yet I have the first biopsy tomorrow and then all the other stuff Wednesday which we talk about pet scan result n bone marrow biopsy n port

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.