Possible chronic pancreatitis???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. I’m a 20 year old female and for the past 2 years I’ve experienced a lot of pain in my stomach just below my rib cage which goes through to the same area of my back. I get this pain every 2-3 months. The pain I experience will move around my stomach, it starts in the centre (below my rib cage) and then through out the day I will experience pain down my right and left hand sides at the front and back and lower abdominal pain. Sometimes the pain feels like everything is tightening up inside then releases again and that my stomach is turning but I can’t  describe the other type of pain unfortunately, I just know I can’t relax with it, it’s very uncomfortable and sickening and it will come and go through the day for the whole 7-10 days. It’s extremely rare that I drink alcohol. That last alcoholic drink i had was a half glass of arches and lemonade in February.  However even after this one drink a had a flare up with my stomach.  So far I’ve noticed that alcohol, some acidic food such as apples and stress really trigger my stomach badly. The pain I get will last for around 7-10 days. I can’t eat as much when I experience the flare up, I constantly feel sick (on two occasions I’ve been sick and it was bile), I have no energy at all, it is hard to walk ( I need to be hunched over).  So far this year I’ve experience ‘my problem’ 4 times. I haven’t gone to the doctors because they go through the same process. Blood test. They check my amylase and lypase but it come back clear apart from one occasion when I had an increase in white blood cells.  The doctors have just put it down to gastroenteritisbut when I asked for pain killers because I’m in a lot of pain and discomfort they said I shouldn’t experience pain with gastroenteritis? Although they were the ones who diagnosed it with no tests done for proof. 

Has anyone had an experience like this? If so what shall I do??

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You need to go to someone who specializes in the pancreas to be sure it’s not pancreatitis.  If it is they will take the appropriate care of you. 

You may not have it. So many digestive disorders cause most of your symptoms. Pain killers aren’t so easy to get anymore.  If it truly is pancreatitis they will probably only give you tramadol as a pain minimizer.  It doesn’t get rid of the pain but takes the edge off.  I was given oxicodone but only 6 tablets.  Those are to use if I need to get to my hospital 2.5 hrs away. 

Wishing you luck.  Keep us posted.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.