possible cyctocele repair failure 4 months post op

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi ladies ,i had my cystocele repair 4 months ago, at the time i had a minimal rectocele  ,that was not repaired , i have recenlty been experiening a slight bulge and i am worried sick my operation has failed ,my daughter has just turned 1 and i just cant bear to go through another surgery just now , i havent been able to get an appointment with my doctor but hoping i can on monday , im so worried right now sad 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had an a@p repair in May. My op failed and have got to have surgery again in October. Mine came back down with a first period, my consultant said it was a coincidence but due on at the moment and feel like my insides are dropping. My prolapse is very visual though, hope you'll be ok xx

• Posted

Hi love, I have thought about you all night, mine was very visible at the opening lots of fleshy lumps I called it my marsh on all joking apart but it is very upsetting big hugs make sure you get the right surgeon.

i had a hystorectomy on the 1.7.15 and my prolaps was there right after

are you in the UK?

• Posted

thank you for your reply, did yours come down as bad as before surgery ? mines isnt as bad , im really hoping the doc tells me its my rectoele getting worse and not that my surgery has failed x
    • Posted

hi thank you for the reply , yeah im in the uk.. im hoping my doc tells me its my rectocele getting worse as id rather that than having a surgery fail so soon , im gutted as my wee girl has just turned one and it will be a nightmare if i need another operation so soon after the 1st one x
    • Posted

It's not as big but it's very low like the last one and is causing me as much discomfort. It's like his line of stitchesvhasvfallem down and formed another prolapse! I've been looking in the mirror and have got to say it looks really odd , like a bunch of grapes! X

• Posted

Are you sure it isn't haemorrhoids caroline because they can look like a bunch of grapes?

• Posted

No I do have hemeroids but this is from my anterior prolapse. Consultant has already confirmed that the anterior repair has failed but the posterior one was a success. He's given me time for my body to get back to normal then decide in October whether to have this done again. I prolapsed again 2.5 weeks after surgery and saw gp then who confirmed them consultant confirmed at 6 week check. He did say that cystocele prolapse was massive and this one is 70% smaller but it is hanging right by the entrance and aching and making me need a wee all the time too x

• Posted

Sorry caroline I'm still catching up with everything.  I'm so sorry you've prolapsed again, this is major surgery and it's a lot to go through. Sometimes it's awful being a woman but stay positive x

• Posted

hi matron, can you tell me if a rectoele and cystocele bulge look the same ?
    • Posted

Thank you, bit worried that if I have it done again the same thing will happen.

Consultant, although very nice laughed at me when I said that my body rejected coil twice so I wouldn't entertain pessary and since children can't use tampons etc.

Felt prolapse come down with first period, he said that was a coincidence. I'm due on again and have extreme pressure down below.

I can still feel 1 or 2 stitches on cystocele repAir, my op was 9 May. Some days I get really down. I used to use my hand mirror for looking at the back of my hair but I use it now for looking at my prolapse lol. I think it's getting bigger, but there again might be imagining it! X

• Posted

They do more or less helen because they both protrude into the vaginal wall so what you see is the colour of your vagina and a bulge but in a slightly different place. They are both soft to touch but a rectocele that had stools trapped inside will feel different until you have your bowels opened.
    • Posted

It could well be getting bigger but I think your comment about the coil being rejected is interesting so I'll ask someone about that and if it could affect a repair. I suspect not and I'm wondering if you had a slight prolapse then and the doctor or nurse didn't notice it x

• Posted

thank you , such a nightmare to be facing this again , i know i was left with the minimal rectocele after surgery but not sure if it would get as big so quickly,  its not as big as my cyctocele before repair but its definitley a bulge , hopefully i will get to see my doctor tomorrow as she goes on annual leave this week and wouldnt want to wait till she comes back before seeing her
    • Posted

I had the coil about 16?years ago though, it wasn't a recent thing. It was in between having both of my kids x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.