Possible DP?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

Last year I had an od on adderal which through me into a huge panic attack. I went through about 3-4 of constant symptoms etc but returned to normal. During that period I gained a lot of weight so I went on a thermogetic. That gave me a small panic attack. For two weeks I had chest pain etc but it all went away however it's been two months and I don't feel like myself still. I don't have thoughts about like is things real or am I real etc but my head feels physically numb and I just feel spaced out. Is this DP and is it considered mild? I have read that people usually experience DP but return to normal over time? Is this true? Should I expect to go back to normal?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have had bad panic attacks myself and yes it is scary when you have panic attacks 

Then after that i feel spaced out not myself and tired to where i just want to sleep 

You will be yourself it just takes time 

• Posted

I notice the more I focus on it and fear it the worse and longer it stays distraction helps which is really hard
    • Posted

Does it sound like a mild case?

Also are you at the point to where you have clarity in parts during the day?

• Posted

Yes when I am with my bf or taking a shower telling myself I am okay I start feeling a little better
    • Posted

Better like feeling yourself and clear? Sounds like it's been improving for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.