Possible gallbladder problem.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I thought i would describe my symptoms here before going to the doctor yet again. 

So about 5 years ago i develped a watery left eye and a pain slightly above my hips in the right centre or so of my back. The eye seems to water randomly across the day, i know i dont wake up with it, both eyes water from time to time. I also developed some stomach problems and occasionally a sore throat. About 6 months ago my symptoms seemed to get worse more sore stomachs, feeling tired a bit nauseated, I also feel a kind of haze or flush over the front of my face mainly around the eyes. 

About 3 months ago i started to wake up with a sore chest which is acid rising while i sleep the doctor put me on probiotics. When a family friend suggested gallbladder/stone problems around christmas i started to observe my stool, at the time it was primarily yellow/ yellow green. Recently its been more  brown/brown green. 

At present i have pain in my back kinda moves around from lower centre right up to the right shoulder,  abominal pain some on the right some on the left, frequent headaches, eyes water and have a strange feeling around them, and some tingling on the right side of my lip's. 

Any advice would be helpful thanks for reading. 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The first and foremost thing related to gallbladder, that I propose, is that you should have an echography or scan from your gallbladder. It is one of the best diagnostics that clearly shows you have gallstones or not. The symptoms of gallbladder are too complicated and similar to many other illnesses, but you cannot see all of them until they reach to a critical level.
  • Posted

It's hard to say but my gallbladder pain would suddenly on the right hand side of my stomach like a stitch but more painful. A feeling of not knowing whether to pee, break wind, move my bowels or vomit. Then it would suddenly go as quickly as it started.

I suffered over three years of sporadic attacks. I learned when it was brewing. A feeling of bloating, fullness, nausea and a general feeling of lethargy.

I did also suffer my left eye watery and left shoulder pain like a trapped nerve but I am unsure if that was ever gallbladder related. I have also suffered night time acid but I have a hernia.

My attacks don't seem to be related to what I eat though. Nothing in particular set mine off. I could eat pizza one day and be fine but a healthy stir fry the next and get an attack. The attacks are always in the evening though. I haven't been able to eat a big meal in years either although I am now on a strict 3% fat diet. I get full very quickly. I do have gallstones, inflamed bile duct and a thickened gallbladder confirmed. Not sure if it helps but that's how it is for me.

• Posted

How strange I too have a watery usefulness it's just a coincidence
  • Posted

Thank you all for your replies, guess im not sure if my problem is something more serious, or perhaps digestion issues coupled with a bad back. Kinda tired of going to the docter but will give it another shot. 
  • Posted

I, too, have the watery eyes, left worse than right. Most of my symptoms have been left sided....headaches, watering eye, neck and back pain, but I have been diagnosed with gallstones, following an ultrasound of my abdomen, in the ER. I am having my gallbladder out on March 2nd, and have high hopes this is going to cure these symptoms. I have been sick since December with extreme nausea, weight loss, sore throat and hoarseness, headache, lightheaded and dizziness, the list goes on. The hospital diagnosed me with Gerd, as well, and I am taking nexium for that. Belching, chest pain, feeling of sinus infection(taking antibiotics), and UTI since summer of last year. I have a hard time believing all these symptoms are coming from my gallbladder. But, since I know I have stones, need to get it out. Fingers crossed. Hope you get some answers. Keep us updated. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.