Possible gonorrhea?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, im 22 and sexually active with 1 partner for the past 7 months.

My girlfriend had never had sex with anyone else but me where as ive had 3 sexual partners since the age of 16.

I slept with the second girl around 9 months ago and it was a 1 night stand unprotected (yes, stupid).

I never got myself checked which is stupid aswell.

My girlfriend got the implant a couple of months into our relationship and since then her periods have been longer and irregular, with her last 3 months being almost constant bleeding and 'brown stuff' as she says. (I dont know much about periods but she says its normal). She also says sex with me can hurt sometimes in her lower sides, and occasionally after sex, urinating stings a little bit.

Anyway. Shes gone to the doctors to get her bleeding checked out for the 3rd time and they've checked her out and decided they'll test for an infection, and whilst they're doing that they'll test for gonorrhea.

The doctor said she looks fine down there and theres no sign of anything like that but theres always a chance so she may aswell get it checked.

Ive never had any symptoms of it such as discharge, ichiness etc. But now worried that i may have caught it months ago with the girl before and given it to my girlfriend.

So I have a few questions.. firstly, what will happen if I have had it and had it for months without treatment?

Secondly, does it sound like it could be gonorrhea or am i over worrying because the bleeding is more due to the implant/new to sex etc?

I will get myself checked as soon as possible now within the next couple of days but until then i'd like to know what you all think and if you think i have a major worry?

I know you should get checked after every sexual encounter with someone new but I was stupid and as i had no symptoms I thought it was all okay. Thank you for reading

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

She may have to have the implant removed (up to the doctor). Spotting is a common side effect but some women do bleed for longer and their periods become irregular. It has been known to 'sort itself out' after a few months though.

It won't hurt for you to go and get an STD check, just for your peace of mind. I would say your girlfriend's current situation would be due to the implant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.