Possible herpes virus?! It looks like a skin was rubbed raw?!

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Okay I am going to get straight to the point... my fiance and I have oral sex a lot because that's really the only way I am ever able to get off.. We both have HSV 1 on mouths and we have since we were kids. He breaks out much more often than I do. I rarely have a breakout.. i was just wanting some advice because I dont have insurance right now and im kind of freaking out.. 😦 ive included a picture.. 😦File size is too bigFile size is too big

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It's hard to know from what i see. It does present itself like a herpes ulcer but it could even be chaffing near an ingrown hair since there is a hair follicle. If you have oral hsv1 its harder to get it on your genitals but its possible... more rare. The only way to know is to get it swabbed and cultured. You mentioned not having insurance but planned parenthood will be able to help you with that at low cost. If you let him go down on you with a coldsore then it is highly possible that you could get it even though its rare. best not to have oral with an active coldsore. Although i got genital hsv1 from a partner that didnt have a visible coldsore. Message me if you need anything, good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.