Possible ibs?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Past 6 months my bowels have changes, I can go from being able to go to the toilet to the next day/few days later unable too. Last night my upper stomach was extremely swollen and boated. I couldnt sleep because eceytume I moved I was in so much pain. Could this be ibs related?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

IBS is lower intestine related, but it can affect things further up. Nevertheless it doesn't sound like IBS to me. Is there some reason that you haven't seen a Doctor?
    • Posted

It just started yesterday which is Saturday and the doctors are only Monday to Friday. If it isn't gone by tomorrow I will make an appointment. I have a feeling that because I am constipated and have been unable to go that's the reason for the stomach pains?
  • Posted

Yes certainly that can cause pains. Drink lots of liquid.
  • Posted

Have you been feeling unusually stressed recently? I find that during times of increased stress my symptoms worsen. It's not always the 'cause' but reducing stress can certainly help with the severity of symptoms. Also, even moderate excercise can help if you don't already excercise regularly. If you feel you need to reduce stress levels try some mindfulness meditations they really help or try peppermint oil capsules to ease bloating. Hope you feel better soon!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.